Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB App for Android

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65pacecar, Jul 7, 2013.

1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Is it any good and what are the advantages over just going straight to website I am using the Samsung S4. Thanks

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

YA its good. Advantages? I use it for when I am on the go, and have a dead spot. I use it at work, so I can get away from the BS. I would rather use my laptop, but its not always feesable...

My only gripe is. On my HTC evo 4g I get repeat threads , or, as I scroll down the same thread comes up more then once.

3. The app is much friendlier on smaller Android devices. Nothing beats the full monty on a big screen, but I like the app much better when on my Droid!

Try both and see for yourself....it's not like you have to pay for it or anything! :D

4. flatford39

flatford39

I have a Droid Razor 4G phone and it works just fine. I only use it though if I am not at my computer as it is not a substitute for the real thing. Like if you are caught waiting out a long train or something.

5. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

I'm on an s4 as well. The app rocks! It's way faster than using your browser on the phone and it's pretty user friendly. Once you learn to navigate it, it becomes very useful

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. raidmagic

raidmagic

I have it. The thing I hate the most about it is when you try to access from your browser the Android OS makes you chose which would want every page load. Nothing to do with the app, it's great.

7. SICBOY

SICBOY

I like it use it on my gs3

8. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Thanks, I will add it to the phone. ;-)

9. I have tried posting using it and where is the "nee post or thread" read button? Alao why doesnt my posts say this underneath them

"Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!"

10. Anyone else have the same issue?

11. OLLIN

OLLIN

I like it, but i cant see embedded youtubes, or rate threads.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's free... So why not just try it?

13. Uptown83

Uptown83

I have it on my phone. Its good, but I just use the browser (chrome) on my tablet.

14. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

I just loaded it and so far it's GREAT. The HAMB on the go.

15. I am trying to get used to it. Some things seem great and others..yeah not..but thats just me. Like Ryan said its free!! Just a couple things.. I dont understand why under my post it doesnt say "posted using the full custom hamb app" the second is if I type something then exit the app and go back to finish it posts what I typed and then I post it and douples. Look above haha

Fomoco Low Life

16. I loaded it on my Kindle fire just to see what it was like. I think in the settings there was a place to check if you wanted it to say ... posted using the full custom HAMB app.

I havent tried it on my cell yet SIII, I guess because Ive never had a problem just using the browser on my phone.

17. Grumbler

Grumbler

Go to the settings under Signature, you can choose that or customize whatever you want

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  18. Oh really? Ill have to check

19. Ruiner

Ruiner

I like it but I had to turn notifications off, other than that it's pretty slick...

This post is courtesy of my grey matter and the HAMB Android App...

20. Grumbler, you were right! It worked. Thanks

21. OLLIN

OLLIN

another thing,

you can't see the prices of stuff in the classifieds.

Cool ap though. I use it every day.

22. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I have it and what I've learned so far is if you want to Log In DO NOT USE the Log In screen (haven't figured out what that's good for yet):rolleyes: use the Register screen it will take you to a screen that looks exactly like the website where you can log in.

23. I cant wait to get the app, but i got to get a new phone. Im reading up about all of em, and its too much info. Can anyone recomend a good cheap phone that would work good with the app? I dont like to spend to much on fast moving technology, as its old to soon.