Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN. trailer with car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cousin steve, Jul 6, 2013.

1. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Out of town for work and when I get home someone has helped themselves to my inclosed trailer. They had to cut three locks to get it. It was taken sometime around last weekend (july 1ST) from Orting WA. Its a dark red 20ft interstate west, chrome wheels, flat roof, and 10k lb axles. Inside was a 1954 pontiac starchief 2dr ht. I just bought the car not long ago and it never made it out of the trailer so no pic's. Its a parts car and mostly apart. No motor or seats. Keep an eye out as as a 54 starchief is kinda rare.

Thanks
    Cousin Steve

2. I'll be watching over the hill in Yakima area

3. A Rodder

A Rodder

Jeez that sucks. Hope luck is on your side.

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Probably wanted the trailer and will dump the car, maybe even at the scrap yard for some fast no questions asked cash. Check there for the car and ask them to keep an eye out if they haven't seen it yet.

The trailer probably won't make it all the way down here, but you might want to post some pics of the trailer so people can keep an eye out for it. Keep an eye out on Craigslist. Maybe stolen by some bath salt aficionados who might be willing to "sell" it back to you. Then you can meet up with them to cut "a deal".

5. Fenders

Fenders

They probably wanted the trailer and had no clue what was inside....

6. looking out in Tacoma ! I hate crooks !

7. kendall66

kendall66
    from iowa

hope they get'em........good luck, .....if they find them....send them to Texas...I hear they have a great death penalty thing going on. go Texas!!!!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any identifying marks on the trailer that might not be changed with a quick slap some paint on color change?

If you have any buddies in the police or sheriff's departments around there put a bug in their ear as the car might show up as an abandoned car found somewhere. I'd also think that someone from out of your area knew where you kept it and made a trip there to steal it as Orting is a bit off the beaten path but paths do lead through the area.

9. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

My customer had a trailer stolen and we put ads on craigslist with a nice reward, 1000 bucks. Someone responded and the thief was arrested last night. I think it was someone who knew him and wanted the reward more. The trailer is at the sheriff's impound right now. If it was a druggie, then his friends know about it . A reward for return of goods is very tempting to flip on a buddy for these lowlifes.

10. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

That Blows ! post pics, I will keep my eyes out for it

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd backtrack to who knew you were going to be gone unless you are gone for several days on an all too regular basis. Some less than stellar individual may have heard that you were gone and knew that you had the trailer and knew someone wanting one.

12. sorry for your loss....your out of town ?.....and three locks ?....who knew you were out of town ?.....?...just sayin'.....

13. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I HATE THIEVES! :mad::mad::mad: A person should be able to leave whatever on their own property and not have to worry about it walking off.

14. hemiboy

hemiboy

Eyes are open in Pasco-

15. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Bump for the morning crowd.

16. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Hate a damn thief. I hope you get your stuff back and the guilty bastard(s) get their just due.

17. As pointed out in a previous response the perpetrator knew you were out of town,,thieves are brazen but they wouldn't chance you being home when they commit a crime.

I agree about offering a reward for the safe return of both the car & the trailer.

Do you have a photo of the trailer? HRP

18. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

That's it. I've read enough of these posts lately.

I'm pulling the wheels off the trailer today and throwing it up on blocks. May even pull the coupler off the tongue.

Effing thieves.

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

The one nice thing about living in the city in the suburbs, whenever I'm out of town, I let the neigbors across from me and both sides know. That way, then can watch the house. I also let the local police know so they can do vacation checks. My sister-in-law is also a Sgt. with the local police.

Hope the thief gets caught.

20. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Couldn't find a good picture, so I stole this one off the interweb. Its the same model but mine is burgundy and 6 inches of extra height. The color and extra height were a special order which makes it unique.

Attached Files:

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well you can just about eliminate racers because if you showed up with that trailer at any track of any kind in the PNW someone would probably question how you came up with it. Not a cheap trailer by any means and I haven't been around any racers yet that didn't know every one else's at the track's business.

My bet is that eventually the car will be found abandoned in the brush somewhere within ten miles of your house and the trailer will be loaded with who knows what and headed out of state or at least well out of the area.

22. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

This sucks to hear Steve. I'll keep an ear open at work and tell the other guys as well.

Note to trailer owners: At work we heard a story about a high end show car/ trailer combo being stolen. White trailer in a sea of white trailers deal. Only difference was owner had painted his phone number in BOLD black numbers on the roof. (Can be spotted from air, roof tops, etc.) Got the car/trailer back unharmed.

23. camcb

camcb

Prolly a method lab by now. I hate these thieving bastards.

24. guitard

guitard

Definitely post to CL.

Condolences from TX.

May their teeth fall into their ass! (Ancient Bedouin curse... I have no idea what that means...)

25. I would recommend looking in housing developments
    being built. My friend had his trailer with quarter midgets
    in it stolen. Trailer was left in culdesac. Empty of the cars and
    tools. This really sucks. Sorry to hear about this.

26. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Do they require scrapyards in the area to keep records of their transactions? Here in Wisconsin, video records are required as well as having to check the VIN numbers for liens or theft reports. If it hasn't been scrapped yet, it might get caught if you get the VIN reported as stolen.

I would put a wanted ad saying I need an enclosed trailer and would pay top dollar for the right trailer. List specs near but not exactly what yours is. You might find yours or other stolen trailers.

27. Eye's peeled in Seattle.

28. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Sorry to hear about the trailer being stolen along with the car.

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen guys who show me this very expensive lock they just purchased for the trailer doors and then tell me it is imposable to cut through it with anything.

I then explain to them that the people who steal trailers don't even attempt to cut through the lock instead they cut through the hasp that is under the lock which is made of a metal that can be easy cut either with bolt cutters or a sawzall blade.

Jimbo

29. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

It's like putting sturdy doors and locks on a building and they cut through the sheet metal walls.

30. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Jesus, they just use a cordless cut-off wheel, for crying out loud.

As seen on Storage Wars.