Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Av8's Alot built,How many still going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MN Stumpjumper, Jul 6, 2013.

1. I have seen many build threads on AV8's. Many different body styles.
    I have plans to build one using the Bishop/Tardel book as a guide.
    I am wondering how many still own and drive the AV8's that you built. How long have you had them, and what would you change ?

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I've only had mine for a year. I built it over winter ... What would I change? I'd stick with a simple basic drive train. Instead of the supercharger I installed . I'd make it a flathead with the t5 trans and drive the wheels off it

3. vegas

vegas

I read that book prior to building my coupe. I've had mine on the road since 2010, and I am planning on changing the rear suspension from transverse leaf. It rides too hard. I also ditched the generator after 6 voltage regulators, and 2 generators. Other than that, just wish it had more room, so my wife and son could fit in it.

4. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Yeah, keep it simple.
    I think a v8 3speed is all it needs.
    With t5s everything is getting difficult , chassiswise.

5. I had to give up on mine, but HotRodMicky took it over and will finish it up in fine style.

6. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I got this one running & driving in '06, still driving it.

Attached Files:

7. 3340

picked this one last sept. changed some things, rebuild a lot, a very fun car.