Register now to get rid of these ads!

SoCal Fairlane Chop-top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddisnoke, Apr 2, 2012.

1. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

2. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Thats kool u won't c. another one

3. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Nice Ride Man.

4. Hi,
    Can you post a clean side shot of this chop?, I would like to see the profile.
    Nice chop
    Thanks

5. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

6. I dig the color choice.
    Heres a little photoshopped preview of what it could look like finished.
    [​IMG]

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Vonzemo;that is the BEST photoshopped picture I have ever seen,TOO KOOL!!!!!!OK Dale,there you go,blow up that picture and hang it in the shop for inspiration!!!!!! ROY.

8. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

x2 :)

9. sololobo

sololobo

Outside the lines, very damn cool. Best of luck with this bad ass project. You can do it!! ~sololobo~

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Vonzemo that is pretty cool. Maybe try tuck the bellflower tips inside the fenders and at a slightier angle. Or go pencil tips. It would look best imo.
    Great project anyway.

11. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

12. Hey thanks for the kind words fellas.
    I have a slightly higher res version if you want it Dale.

13. Bishop73

Bishop73
    from Texas

This will be a cool project for sure. Great chop on my car Von! :)

14. Bishop,
    Are you saying your the owner of the car in my original pic for the chop ?
    If so, thanks for the compliment and also for being so modest.
    Sometimes (more times than not actually) owners and photographers arent too understanding when it comes to having their pics manipulated.
    The original (RJ/Bishop)car is definitely an awesome mild custom, and certainly a fine example for Dale to get ideas from.
    Heres another non-photoshopped shot of it.
    BTW, gotta give some cred to Mike Harrington who shot these bitchin pics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  15. Bishop73

Bishop73
    from Texas

Yes sir, that's mine now. They are some amazing shots, I wish I had it when the original photo shoot was done. Heck, if that chop helps him (or anyone) to get a better idea of what their build might end up like, who am I to say no?

16. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

drive it like that! the patina, the stance. looks great to me.

17. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

That thing is awesome. Just don't put skirts on it, that would make it look like a R@t style ride. IMO there are a LOT of cars out there that would look a LOT better if you pulled the skirts off and threw 'em in the trash.

18. Well you scored nice Bishop, that car is mighty sweet.
    Thanks for the input and being cool about everything.
    Now I guess its time to get this thread back on target.
    Hopefully Teddi will have some updates soon. :D

19. vickswhips

vickswhips

I built a 62 4 door and thought it was pretty bad ass myself...but not a lot of love for the 4 doors out here in this world :(

20. Bootleg1

Bootleg1
    from Chino, USA

Being across the alley from Dales shop, I was fortunate enough to be able to wear Dale down. Or he just wanted me to go away! Either way, the Fairlane is being continued a few miles away at my place.
    It will become my 16 year olds first car. I can't begin to say how exited he is, nor how much I appreciate Dale parting with this very unique project.
    If I can figure out how to post from an IPad, I will keep the photos coming as progress continues. Most of the bodywork is done with the exception of the doors and window trims. Engine compartment is painted and will be receiving a new power plant that Dale was instrumental in helping me acquire.
    Once she is a driver, I will jump into the comfy compartment.
    Stand by for the progress reports.

21. Am I the only one concerned by this? I'd like to see some pictures. I hope I'm wrong, but that sounds like some serious hack work. FWIW chopping a unibody is not something that should be taken lightly. The A pillars & roof rails are critical to the structural integrity of the car. Far more so than in body over frame construction. I'd be looking this car over very carefully.

And NO I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cornflakes. I like the car, and hope it turns out great. Just damn few people I'd trust to cut a unibody.

22. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Tin,

This kinda '' slap & dash-blindfold anda dull hachet '' work is typical of '' showcar & movie car '' type builds!:eek: The spec for the build is drawn up, than the Director of Transportation for the studio shops a builder for a price that's in the director's budget. Usually the lowest bidder/biggest bullshitter wins the day!:eek:

It's fortunate that few '' showcar/moviecar '' builds ever make it to the street! What scares me is the numbers of butt welded A & B posts with no pretense of sleeving, I see on this site, as well as still being done in the collision repair today!:eek: Yeah, I wanna bet on a squirtgun weld made thru a sixty year old A Post, with 2/3ths of the weld's crown grownd off witha die grinder, then mudded over:eek::eek:

" I Like the Old Millenium Better "

23. bizcoupeguy

bizcoupeguy

24. MERRELL

MERRELL

That thing could be sick!

25. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I knew when Ted started to drool over it, it was all over for me. Hope his kid gives me a ride in it.

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hadn't seen the thread before, I hope he is up to building the car right rather than cutting corners but I guess the photos and time will tell.

Bootleg1 keep us posted on the progress and give us an intro when you get the time.

27. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Man I like it. I daily drive my chopped El camino year round, snow or rain doesn't matter.People every day like it ,I get thumbs up and rubber neckers checking it out.They just aren't use to seeing a chopped car on daily use. Go for it.

28. Langan

Langan
    from Eagle ID.

Here is Teds and Dales ride now. 289 runs great and C4 works too. PS works now and brakes seem new, Fixed the wireing so we can drive it and yes it does great burnouts. Having a lot of fun helping Ted and his family work on this car. They have helped on all my rides.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  29. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Looks rad, I love a subtle chop.

30. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

very cool fairlane...