Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is headed to GoodGuys Des Moines 2013?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T&A Flathead, Jun 26, 2013.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

camper ready to go , just need to have the cheater slicks balanced i put on and headed out tonight !

2. Roadsir

Roadsir

I'll be heading down early Friday am, stopping to pick up my Dad. Looks like it will be Roadster weather...I think I'll chance it and leave the top at home.

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will be there Saturday as a spectator - seeya soon

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

5. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

I need some help or info I guess, I'm thinking of bring my Kookie Kar up on Sat.moring early, but have to trailor it ,just too far from Burlington to drive it.My old bones couldn't take it. What I need to know is where can you park a trailor for the day? I'll leave again that evening ,have to be back that night. Also I want to bring it to sell, so would you just put it in the for sale lot or enter it and just put a for sale sign on it on the grounds with everyone else ? I haven't been there in maybe 15 year and don't know how to do things there. Thanks for any help you can give me .

6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Im heading out in the morning. Should be at the host hotel by noon. See you cats soon. I will be the one pushing a 4 month old around in a stroller.

7. SimonSez

SimonSez

We will be there from Friday. It's the last weekend of our US trip so looks like a good way to wrap it up!

8. carmak

carmak

It was a long afternoon but I made it to the campgrounds.

Blew a tire and took out the gas lines to my fridge - at least the spare tire held air and we made it.

We drove here with a friend that was pulling a his camper with a 72 Visa Cruiser. It looked so cool!

Just saw Dirtbag13 cruise by. Glad to be here.

Carmak
    Riverside (now Des Moines), Iowa

9. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

There will be 3 of us from Petersburg IL area driving '32 Fords heading north on Friday morning. Should be fun!

10. redzula

redzula

I know most people leave their trailers out in the spectator parking area. If you're not wanting to leave it out like that you could use my driveway then you could still say you drove to the show lol its about a 15 minute drive from my house in the west suburbs. PM me if Interested.

Been seeing a few cars around town and also took both cars to bennigans tonight which was pretty full. Hoping to get there early on Friday. Can't wait! See you jokers soon!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

12. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Redzula, Thanks for the info and offer. I saw a map of the parking lot and did see they have a place for the trailers so I'll just park it there. If you see me and the car there, stop and say Hey!Larry

13. robertsregal

robertsregal

Wish we were, car is in upholstery, looking forward to 2014.

14. Willy_P

Willy_P

Hot Rod Nut, did you bring your kookie car to the HAMB drags last August? There was one there that was AWESOME. If it was yours, great job, if not I will be stopping by to take a look and chat if you are around.
    Bill

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Just rolled into town about an hour ago. See you guys in the parking lot or at the fairgrounds.

16. thedreamer

thedreamer

I'm ready to go!

17. redzula

redzula

Just picked up our packets, getting the cooler and chairs loaded up to head over first thing tomorrow

18. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

19. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

My buddy and fellow hamber is in need of a pertronix ignitor II for a ford v8. It is dead in the Marriott hotel parking lot. Call 816-668-2918 if you have a spare.

20. Mertaw

Mertaw

Heading out in 6 hours for Goodguys...be there in McCoy Flamed '40 Ford. See u'all in a bit!

21. Mertaw

Mertaw

So I'm confused (which happens easily) where's the meet 'n greet & when? Like to see some HAMBers

22. Willy_P

Willy_P

My understanding on meet snd greet for Saturday,
    This was post#35, and has a map...

23. Willy_P

Willy_P

Hey fellas, for anyone who is interested in Henry Gregor Felsen hot rod books, I got an email this evening from his daughter Holly Felsen Welch, and she will be at the show on Saturday, with the latest publication. She said she will be in the southeast corner. That will be one stop on my list this weekend.

24. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

25. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm here in my '32 roadster. Parked rear the corner of E Walnut and Rock Island. Stop by and say hi.

26. redzula

redzula

Just rolled in with the met. My wife and daughter are sleeping in today and should be down later. I got a spot on the back side of the cruising loop.

Adam

27. redzula

redzula

Saw and said hi to hot rod nut. Didn't get a chance to look at his car and when I came back around I didn't see it. Looked good from a distance and not in a bad way. Stopped Malcolm on the main drag to say hi lol that car sounds awesome. And again I never saw him again. You guys all hiding out in the super secret parking area or what haha. And I saw the dreamers truck hut you weren't around to I reduce myself. Maybe tomorrow if you all come to the meet n greet. Were about to head out for the day the baby is getting tired and starting to get grumpy. Were cooling off right now but if you see me and my crazy family be sure to stop us and say hi.

Attached Files:

28. carmak

carmak

Any other options other than RV dealer to get a new sway control bar for my hitch? East side preferred.

Thanks.
    Carmak

29. haychrishay

haychrishay

I'm here and the view just doesn't get any better ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1373069072.018140.jpg

30. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member