Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of my 55 Chev.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kollofski, Jun 29, 2013.

1. greazy john

greazy john

if the hood was shut ,the HAMB bashers could be shut too, great car Gary,maybe not traditional power but we all try to innovate at some time or another.lets not be so blind...

2. Kollofski

Kollofski

Thanks for the support. I can take the negative press as there will always be some that see cars with such a fine filter. If you want to see more shots of the 55 go to trifive.com as I have posted several pictures of the car and its components. You may also want to look at Holley's Facebook page, in the albumn section, as they were kind enough to post over 130 pictures of the 55 and my next project a 57 2dr. with 2 V12 BMW engines side-by-side with an all tube chassis and huge rear tires, all for a car that will be driven on the street. I would post pictures of the 57 on the HAMB but some may say it doesn't belong.

Gary

3. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Thanks for posting.Love your 55 and your talent.The workmanship and engineering is what its all about.

4. I looked over on facebook, both cars are insane. Amazing work.

5. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

ditto, what a craftsman

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Good to see what you are up to Gary, I love the innovation and quality that goes into your projects.

Some of the guys here can only dream of accomplishing anything close to what you are doing.

It is true that the Hamb has a different focus, but I for one don't have tunnel vision and know the world of hot rodding is more vast than our little corner of it.

I can truly appreciate a fine piece of work when I see it. Besides I absolutely love 55 Chevs and would really like to have the chance to cruise in that one and put the pedal down. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I don't do Fakebook. What are the chances you'd post a couple pics of the '57 here in this thread?

I think you'd qualify for a loophole in this case.

8. Kollofski

Kollofski

E-mail me at [email protected] and i will send you some pictures of the 57.

9. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Incredible workmanship and vision on this '55, awesome car!

10. Jbuhl1954

Jbuhl1954

Super nice ride man!! Love all the mods!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I look forward to seeing that '57 done. That is going to be incredible.

12. I too remember seeing Gary's earlier work and the '55 was the one for me as a kid, had to buy several magazines, one to make wall posters out of and another to drag around to show my friends, thanks for the trip down memory lane and keep up the outstanding innovations !

13. Mercchev

Mercchev

Wish I had a tenth of the talent it took to build that car...Cool!

14. roughneck424

roughneck424

I will head over to trifive to check out this amazing build. I too remember your black 55 from back in the day. :)

15. I just read it again. Tough neighbours.

Killer build Kollofski. Ganahl said 'king of packaging'.. Rod Hadfield may have that covered with the Merlin '55 ( does Jay Leno have it now?)
    That's 'mine's bigger than yours' bullshit anyway.

Incredibly cool car- like the others in your great folio.

16. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

So tell us all how the performance is ?

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

18. Kollofski

Kollofski

Bob, thanks for the link. I will have the 55 at Goodguys Des Moines this weekend and hopefully Goodguys Columbus the following one. Stop by and say "hi". Looking forward to meeting and talking with everyone.

19. ill be looking for it at gg's Columbus

20. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Thinking outside the box is what evolved this hobby/obsession to what it is today. Without this type of talent/vision, all the cars would be "belly button". The car is downright beautiful. Love it.

21. c57heaven

c57heaven

Thanks Gary. I too will be looking forward to your car at GGuys Columbus.
    Redline thanks for the link.
    Wow, what fabrication!

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Gary, your 55 rocks and so did your original which completely blew me away as I was driving a 55 2 dr post in High school at the time.
    You've got some mad smarts and skills.

Where's the ol 55 and the Willys now?

23. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Wow, reading some of the "basher" posts kinda made me feel a little sick inside and embarrassed for some who wrote them. Most of you need to do a little homework before bashing someones work. Gary was the Chip Foose, Troy Trepanier of days gone by and still can pull it off today. Anyone with his kind of talent should be grandfathered in here on the HAMB, JMO...............................

24. Wow! This car is amazing! Superb workmanship. Man, I'd love to know what that V12 sounds like.

25. Gary Kollofski and Scott Sullivan were the two guys who got me completely hooked on hot rods. The HAMB Elitists chased Scott off a long time ago, and if they had their way, Gary would have been kicked to the curb, too.

Some guys are too absorbed in their own style to appreciate anything else. If George Barris, Bill Hines, or Gene Winfield posted up a thread about a new OT, non-traditional car they were working on, the same guys who just bashed Gary would be singing their praises and throwing their panties on the stage and screaming like little bitches.

This is a huge website and frankly, there's plenty to go around. If I click on a thread that doesn't strike my fancy, you know what I do? I click off of it and find one I like. I don't hang around and keep poking the hornet's nest and expect everyone to agree with me.

Welcome to the site, Gary. It's good to see that you haven't lost your touch.

26. kennb

kennb

Clicking on a thread here is like listening to the radio. If you don't like the song, change the channel. I don't know Gary, I've never met Gary, but from what I'm reading I'll bet he could show a lot of us hambers a thing or two to use on their traditional rods even if his current build isn't traditional. Ken

27. harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Beautiful car, would like even more pictures.
    I wish I could do work like that.

28. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Man o man thats some mighty fine work there! looks just sweet

29. slammed

slammed

Some of you are exaggerating the traditional crowds comments. The criteria is key to this site. NO one 'bashed' this high end car. Or shown any disrespect to the OP. And many of us are fully aware of the mans long history of top notch, ground pounding/breaking results. The fact the post remains shows the mod's approval.

30. D.B. Cooper

D.B. Cooper
    from SD

Outstanding! Over the top imagination and execution.