Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ROLL CALL! Bonneville Speed Week 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-Cal Speed Sacramento, Jul 2, 2013.

1. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

Pit's open Thursday, August 8th at 7:00 am. I'll be there in my orange hat!
    Who else is coming and what are you bringing out there!?

2. aircap

aircap

Can't make it there this year, but my buddy Roy will be working as a course worker again.

3. Kiwi Bob

Kiwi Bob

I'll be there with my orange hat too , ya better let me know your T shirt size!! Am bringing over a few 2013 DLRA Speedweek shirts and decals (and the misses this time), looking forward to catching up with the "orange hat gang".We get to LA on the 31st July , do some touristy stuff,catch up with Kiwi Steve ,Long Beach swap,etc etc.,We'll be in Wendover on the 7th,probably out on the salt helping Steve finish setting up the tech area,then work with you guys for the week , heading back towards LA on the 14th.
    See ya in 4 weeks!!

4. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Good Grief!! This means I have to put up with you wackos again this year! Bringing my daughter to work the event as well. No tale telling, eh Bob? SEE YA THERE !!

5. frognz

frognz

4 Kiwis in a bigarse RV, see you there!

6. I'll be there with the misses just spectating though.

7. gyronaut

gyronaut

The Triumph Gyronaut and its tow-start vehicle will be there! Stop by and check it out, we shouldn't be too hard to find... And we'll have Bob Leppan there, and Rob Ida, and his Dad Bob, and the Ida Concepts crew responsible for such a great restoration!

[​IMG]

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

I'll be there but as of now I have nothing to run. The SCTA won't approve my solid sidecar wheel. So I'm in the process of making a new platform with a butt ugly 18" wheel and speed rated tire. Don't look me up. I won't be a happy camper.

9. I'm driving the 39 out early morning Wendsday the 7th headed to Salt Flats Speed Shop anyone going up N. I 15 ...... Bonneville Thurs. Fri.Sat.

10. Wanting to go but looking for a room or two.At this point I will take what I can get.If anyone knows of any cancellations....just PM me.Thanks in advance,I missed last year but really want to go this year.

11. Planning on being there! Not working out as planed though - car trouble.

12. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

Medium! I wasn't sure if you were coming back out again this year but It'll be good to have you there- even if it is just so I can sit back and watch the trash talking between you and the Kiwis. Maybe tone it down on the sheep jokes this year!? Hahaha
    -Rob

13. nickleone

nickleone

I hope to be spectating the first weekend with my partner in crime.
    Hope to bring our 62 Rambler classic sw.

Nick

14. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

I'll be joined by a fellow Aussie, arriving on the 9th and we leave on the 13th. It's our second Speed Week. Can't wait!

15. I will be with Tim and the #416 Unibody again. We are planning on getting the Save the Salt fundraiser/bbq off this year since we got rained out last year. Details to follow.

16. Ole don

Ole don

Good luck with the weather this year T Man. I will be there for the September meet.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I can't believe it'll be 4 years since the last time I went. What the hell am I doing??!!!

18. supervert

supervert

I think me and the whole fam is going for the first time. Should be about 20 of us. The kids and wife and I went to el mirage last year and loved it, so I can't wait to see the salt

19. I'm hitching out with BenD, and generally getting in the way of Flat Top Bob and Candyman while they run their tanker. If you see me, say hi--I'm the old fat guy in shorts and a pith helmet

20. You better grow your hair so I can spot you!:D

21. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I'll be there running my Tank #404. Wayno

22. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

the sheep are scared mate! this is big nate btw.... i'm a xxl aka american land speed racer.

looking forward to seeing everyone!

23. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

I'm going to need you to be a bit more specific. ;)

24. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Ill be there Thursday for the start of inspections, best place to really check out the cars & bikes. Ill be rooting for my Salt Cat buddies in lakester form this year with a new hi dollar quick change replacing the old Ford rear. Hoping for big speeds with higher gears then the 2.47 in the 9 inch.

25. I'll see you all there!

Attached Files:

26. cracker head

cracker head

My family will be there.

Attached Files:

27. Mike

Mike

I'll be there again this year with the Bean Bandits San Diego crew.

28. 35Harvester

35Harvester

This will be a first for my father and I.... We will be driving my 35 International, with a group of others including a 34 sedan and a 39 Ford Pickup. Leaving Seattle Thursday AM.

Attached Files:

29. I'm coming from Perth, Western Australia (is there a longest distance award? ;) )

I'll be with Simon Davidson and covering the event and hopefully getting a few feature cars for Street Machine magazine. We'll be there from Thursday afternoon some time and will be staying right through until the end, then we'll head to San Francisco and catch up with a few people there. SamIyam, av8, Kent Fuller (if we haven't seen enough of him at the salt) and hopefully the Tardels.

Well, that's the plan anyway. :)

30. Yep, first timer here... flying out, spectating, getting in the way. Haven't slept in weeks.