Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PLEASE do a Search...how many threads about the NE auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, Jul 2, 2013.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

There must be a dozen threads regarding the auction to be held in Nebraska with all the low mile Chevrolets

It wasn't too many years ago that the guys on here would have raised Holy Hell about not using the Search function.

Perhaps the HAMB is now more gentle and forgiving, but this is ridiculous.

just my opinion. Close this thread if you must

2. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Don't read them then you wont have to complain about them.
    Not a more caring Hamb just most have better things to do once the sun shines or better things to worry about at any time.

3. What's this auction you speak of?;). I've come to realize the HAMB is kinda like Hot Rod magazine except everybody can say what they want, when ever they want, over and over and over again......
    Think of it like a giant garden, but the weeds are taking over.

4. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

THANK YOU!.

NEW OLD CARS FOUND IN NEBRASKA CHEVROLET DEALER AUCTION
    "Have you seen this?" Yeah in about 127 places!

Everybody in the the universe knows already!!! The National Guard is probably already on site.

I think it is interesting, but good gawd, do a search before starting another thread.

BUMP

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I see nothing wrong with all the threads, most of us have not the time to search for this, and so post when we find out about something. I would just as soon find too much info than none at all. Just my 2 cents worth

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, you made a bitch thread on a subject you're tired of seeing? Wouldn't this be considered another thread about it?:confused:

Maybe my laptop is the only one, that when I move my mouse over a thread title, it shows the first few lines of the thread. That's enough to know whether or not I want to click in and be informed.

Sure, there are repeat threads. It happens, but it's nothing worth making a thread about. Waaay too serious.

7. 117harv

117harv

<TABLE id=post4893427 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=thead align=right> #1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175>metalshapes<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4893427", true); </SCRIPT>
    Tech Editor

[​IMG]

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" id=td_post_4893427 class=alt1><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->Maybe this Thread will show up when people do their Searches, before they Post a link.

...If they do a search...

Realistic Model cars - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Bugatti drug up from a lake - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Bugatti Veyron driven into a lake - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

'59 Chevy Crashtest - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Model cars made out of Beercans - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Portugal Barnfind - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Old film with experimental Snowmobiles - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Remember back in the 50's" Flash picture link - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Finnish Cosworth powered Model A sedan - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

The Hellcat pulled up from Lake Michigan - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Panzer tank found in a marsh - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

'55 Chevy flipping at the drag strip with the driver flying out - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

SR71 Startercart - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Top Fuel Dragster facts - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

$50 paint job - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Street legal bumper cars - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Tool usage explained - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Audi Vs Hot Rod ad - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

The Wartsila-Sulzer diesel engine - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it

"You drive what?" Ugly car website - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it

562,000 miles - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it

"Jiffy" Jeep crew - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Rat Rod Jeep - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Car-shaped Coffins - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

"1932" Model A Wrecked - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Carbon fiber Ninja exhaust - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

5th wheel Parking - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Senator Schumer Tax - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Americantorque Test ( '50s cars ) - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

American torque Test ( engines ) - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Orkin commercials - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

101 year old woman, driving an 81 year old car - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Cars we drove - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

The German - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Absolut Vodka Commercial - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Von Dutch xavw bike- Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Craigslist Truckcar - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Banned member selling HAMB stuff on Ebay - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

The race that changed everything - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

2996 mile, '67 Corvette - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

Dwarf Merc - Yes, its very nice... But we've seen it.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Maybe it needs it's place on the list.

The search function provides so much great info, even when searching for a certain subject you almost always run across something else that interests you.

8. Midget25

Midget25

I'm with you OLDSMAN, I didn't see it before and I wouldn't do a search either.

9. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I agree.

I don't post many new threads because my questions are usually answered with a simple search.

And to the ones who can't seem to master the search function here I've also Googled my question with "jalopy journal" in the search and I find the answers just as quick.

Don't be a repeat offender. Save the HAMBwidth.

10. Zerk

Zerk

LORD YES.
    Even if the entire post was stickied, nobody would read it anyway. Better would be an aggressive mod with carte blanche delete privileges to come along about a week later, when everything has sunk to the 25th page, and zap the hell outta the duplicated posts.

11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I thought the same.....

12. Yvett (SP) has a lot of ghost bidders. She hauls half the stuff to the next auction and tries to sell it again with hopefully a real bid.

13. I'm with you bobwap, with the way many post on this forum, it is easy to see why there are rat rods everywhere. They are building cars at the apex of their ability and thought process! Bottom feeders

14. "don't have time to do a search" ...

It takes less time to type in two or three words and click the search button than it does to type out a whole post and click "post" .... hello?

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

better said than the Original Post

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

There's already a thread about too many NE Auction posts.

17. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Guilty of this today but I haven't been here in a month and didn't hear about it today...so quit yer bitchin'...

18. Really?,,there's nothing that hasn't been posted repeatedly at one time or another.

But as we all should be aware of by now stiring the pot is a favorite pass time for some.HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  19. .......You tell 'em Pirate. Glad you're back, hope you've settled in in Nashville. Each move you've taken is closer to me.:D

20. titus

titus

Been to many van de brink auctions and dunno what the heck your talking bout, each auction is done for a private owner and his collection so why would she bring some one elses stuff to someone elses auction:confused:

And yes there are way to many threads started about the auction, i think what bob was getting at is that its pushing many interesting things away not to be seen.

If i go to start a thread on some kinda "news" type thread i do a search first to see that no one else started one.

I find myself more and more skimming thru tons of stupid posts to find good ones, far and few between now days!

21. Want some cheese with your whine?

Maybe you should start a thread on linking all the threads or maybe another thread instructing us what key words to use to find them all in the search.

Our time would be better served.

22. Bobwop is the blame for this thread. He should have posted in the other threads. He is contributing to what he is complaining about.

23. Agreed Jeff. Fact is, the HAMB is so big that if you think you are the first to scoop something interesting to us, 4 others have probably already posted it. Now, it must be time for the diorama and tank in the mud stories to circulate again causing more threads about them. Or maybe the sportscar in the Euro lake? or the rail cars in the Great Lakes?:D:rolleyes:

24. I am awake from my nap now .... so tell me again why I cant respond to HAMB classifieds?

25. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

All good points I suppose, but I realize I would have had time to start a new Nebraska Chevrolet dealer auction thread by now.

BUMP!!!

26. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

27. lmao :d