Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Carolina Junk Yards with HAMB friendly tin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dick's Beaters, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kaptain Hotrod

Kaptain Hotrod

I've got a private hony hole that I go to about 2hrs from Fayetteville, whenever I get back from Afghanistan I need to hit the locals up around there and try to find a banger "B" and later flathead 8.

2. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Been a while since I've been to a few yards around here. I was in Louisiana for a couple of months and boy have things changed around here. Runions recycling is empty. I mean desolate. One of the first trips I made there, 5 or 6 years, I met a guy pulling flathead parts from England. He said that he comes stateside to visit friends and made it a point to visit that yard for parts. Now, two early mustangs and about 30-35 2000 and something or other were it!

Tart's Salvage of 95 in Dunn had a couple of 8ba flatheads and a 57 Buick and 60 Pontiac with the rear ends still under them. He has most of the vintage stuff separate. Worth a look if you're around Dunn with time to kill.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

I finally got a chance to check out the MOPAR yard in Selma. Holy MOPARTS Batman! The name of the place is "Billy West Peedin's Garage." 819 Batten Farm Rd. in Selma, NC. Can't say enough about how awesome Jackie was. Nicest lady and a real joy to talk to. Most of the stuff there is late sixties and early seventies stuff, but there are enough 69 chargers in the yard to do a Dukes of Hazard remake. Here are pics of some hamb friendly stuff.

Attached Files:

4. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

I just found this old thread, Woodrow was the nicest guy in the world, I have photos from his yard taken back about 1985. Maybe one day I will find those photos! I think his daughter is still running the yard but it's probably been 15 years since I was there.

5. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

You guys have it much better for old iron than we have in Ontario , there used to be plenty of old iron around, but most of it's gone now, I visited one of your North Carolina yards a few years back , I don't remember the name of the place , but I think it was over close to Harrisburg , we were over picking up some stock car engines , that keith and jeff dorton had redone for us , the yard had some pretty decent stuff but the prices were very high! Were they friendly - not a bit, almost ignorant ! I guess it is hit and miss