Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Heavy Rebel Weekender the next big car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_willie, Jun 19, 2013.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Forgot about this one.........let me see what I can do.

2. The wife and I will be there in the coupe, and bringing a couple friends with us in a '34 Dodge sedan and a '31 A pick-up.

What time Saturday morning is everyone planning on getting there? I got there about 9:00-9:30 last year and had to park all the way at the other end of the show from where everything was going on/ registration area. Hoping to get a good parking spot near the Millenium Center this year!

3. flat 39

flat 39

This is definitely a must see event. Of course I will be there.

4. I plan on getting there early. Last year I got there around 8-830 and I was all the way at the end of trade street then, then I had to move my car because somebody had moved the baracade. I ended up on the side street at the end. But I still had a great time.

5. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Looks like i will be working but I am trying to get my car there. Thinking a friend will drive it for me.

[​IMG]

6. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I am reporting you to Ryan. This is not car related. Where is your manhood? You need to come to Heavy Rebel before you loss your balls.

7. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Bad new just got in Tenn. the tire blow and took out some air line. I have not sleep in 3 days. Now I can not sleep. I plan on taken some mother helper. Hope to be back on the road tomorrow morning. I should be able to make to the party.

8. I realize that what I'm about to say is going to piss you off, but so be it.

The news is full of reports of big rig crashes. Every day it seems that there's another wreck. No damn car show is worth putting your life and the lives of others on the road at risk. Mother's Little Helper indeed...

If I were going to take the risk you're taking damned if I'd be posting it on a message board for the world to see. Good Luck; I hope you make it.

9. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

It's a kool show and really worth the effort to make it. I've been several years and each year gets alittle bigger. Plus it's in the arts district which gives all something to do.

10. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

how did I JUST find out about this. I hope to swing by if the weekend schedule allows.

11. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

My sister is in town from Las Vegas. She in interest in being performer at show. She has done some work in Vegas, it has be while. The only thing she still has package that she was born with. Everything else fix to looks like a women. Any help please

12. jetmech69

jetmech69

13. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Thank a lot. This will make Jolynn week. She has not done a show in about year. Her boyfriend wants her to quit but he still Vegas. He is very conservative.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  14. Anybody coming through/from Columbia, SC to Greensboro, NC holler at me we can roll together.

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS:

Good news is that I am going and have my 72 year old pops riding shotgun. Leaving early tomorrow morning for a day trip out of Myrtle Beach..........

BAD NEWS is that it won't be in the 52 :(

16. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Friday is her. One more day. I think I will get drunk tonight.

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

bummer....

18. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

BTTT

Any advice on where to park, if not driving the old car????? I have about a 4.5 hr drive in the AM to get there. Leaving about 6:30 am.

19. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

I'll be there... but I don't think the roadster is going to make it this year (as you can see).... I will be bringing my studebaker

Attached Files:

20. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Great show. Thanks for everyone that help put the show. There were a lot great home built traditional car. The people were great. Hope to be there next year. Thanks again. Peace.

Attached Files:

21. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

More pics

Attached Files:

22. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

again. Where is my Jokers?

Attached Files:

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who belongs to that black '35 Ford Coupe? Saw that thing at the Iron Lords party. I would love to do see it again!

24. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Here some pic.

Attached Files:

25. thequietwon

thequietwon

My pal Jim Powers built & owns it. He lives in Lexington.
    Sam

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is he on here? Such an awesome car!