Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1965 Fairlanes, coupes/hardtops/wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ottoparts, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Just a quick update. Things have slowed down on the car. I have been fixing rust repair on the car. I picked up a ladder set up for the rear end. 9" rear end. I have a "Lazy N" factory third member. Been sitting in that for awhile trying to find a home for it. Rebuilt one of my C4's for racing.
    Check out my link and feel free to leave any comments.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ottous1/1965Fairlane500Wagon?feat=directlink

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I have a friend who has one NOS front fender for a 65 and one excellent one too if anyone needs them. If they were 64's they would have been gone already. Lippy

3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Thats a fine looking ride he has

4. Hey Otto this is an Old Thread did you ever get anythiong done on the 65 Wagon?

5. I had gotten most of the rust repair done when my work moved me and I had to let the car go. I wish I would have been able to keep it.

6. Zandoz

Zandoz

The mom of my best friend in school had a 2-tonr red and white 65 Fairlane 2 door sedan. I always loved that car and have kept an eye out for one. Unfortunately the ones I've looked at have all been priced out of my league or have had serious frame rust issues. I keep look'n.

7. 55BuickSpecial

55BuickSpecial
    from Las Vegas

[​IMG]Just picked up a 65 Fairlane Wagon all original...put some wheels on it gonna drop it and drive it. Oddball car but damn cool. I need a surfboard for the rack...

8. Nice Score Bro

9. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I had a good friend I grew up with that had a 65 2 door hard top in high school. Man I thought that car was one of the ugliest cars ever built. I couldn't understand what he liked about it.
    Now I love these cars especially the wagons. There is a guy around the corner from me that has a light yellow wagon just sitting there going to waste. Last year he finally bought one of those cheap portable garage covers to put over it.

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

65 is the only year that no one seems to like,a local junkyard has a bunch so maybe time to look for one since I can find parts.

11. Hey Jeff would you mind sharing the info on the Junk Yard..

I'm in need of a Tailgate something fierce..

Edward
    [email protected]
    or txt me at 360-878-1677

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I dont think there are any wagons and if there were any I doubt they would be any good,Ohio weather is not too good on tailgates.

13. Howdy folks.
    Long time since I was able to talk Fairlanes with anyone.
    Looks like I acquired another 65 Fairlane. This time its a post.
    My first was a hard top, my second was the wagon, and now the post.
    If anyone cars, currently there is a wagon on evil-bay.

14. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

Always like seeing another 65.

Attached Files:

15. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

I see them occasionally around here, but usually pretty plain. The 64 has the Thunderbolt following and seems like the 66-67 has it's own following. I guess with the popularity of the Mustang, the 65 with 4 speed and buckets became a little more rare.

We've owned my 65 since I was a year old, so to me, it has always been the sweetest car on the planet!

16. Sorry guys, I did not add any pictures.
    Here there are.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      308.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      295.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      276 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      325.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Jaye

Jaye
    from S.C.

I wanted to build a Fairlane so I picked this one up last year; It took a while to find the one I wanted. I choose the 65 Fairlane because I didn't see many around & I really like them. All original except front disc & someone put in a different front seat, I now have original 65 Fairlane buckets for the front.

Attached Files:

18. I think a gasser would be awesome if done right

19. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

\
    There was a guy on here making one

20. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Some nice looking cars here.
    Keep'em coming!

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I went to that junkyard today and there is one 65 wagon that i forgot about,the tailgate had been open for so long it rusted off but it might have other good wagon parts.

22. huracan1973

huracan1973
    from chicago

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384117654.876827.jpg
    Here's mine. Swapping a 302/t5 on Wed if my wife doesn't come up with another home project 😔

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1406132971.403099.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1406132994.837424.jpg
    Here's my two wagons. Blue has built motor, aod, front disc brakes and air ride. Red is completely stock, zero rust Cali car 289ci. Soon to be on hamb classifieds.
    I know they are a rarity but its hard for me to tell people they are rare when I have two of em. but I love em and I'm a ford nut. ps. the best fitting headers I have found so far (hooker L.tubes don't work with AOD) are sanderson headers. really nice too.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  24. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

I agree with you on the Sandersons, and they are priced very well too.

25. sabtaj1, if I were closer (still in Oregon) I would be hitting you up on your red wagon.
    I miss mine and I still think one would make for a kick arse daily driver. Good luck with the sell.

26. Dude I'm so Jealous

27. My parent's bought a new red wagon in 1965. My friends always talked about how ugly it was. If I had a "sure thing" date, I would come up with some reason why my '57 Chevy wasn't running good and take the wagon on the date. Fold down the back and it was the perfect drive in movie vehicle. Don't know if my folks ever caught on but if they did, nothing was ever mentioned about it.