Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Underappreciated: 1952-54 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I'd take one in a heartbeat!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Bigguylilroof aka Shug's Lincoln was/is one of my favorites.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Johnny Jarzen's also....
    [​IMG]

4. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

52-54 Lincoln, I think is one of the coolest looking cars made. I would have one for sure.

5. Movinman

Movinman

Definitely on my bucket list.

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The " Ina Mae Overman Lincoln " done by " Valley Customs " More than likely the first of these to be customized back then . Pics show the transformation from 1953 to 1956.

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

These have always been one of my favorite cars of the 50s.

Would love to have one someday.

8. It think this should be 52-55. I have a 53 Capri that I am parting out, and my wife has a 55. The roof line is the same.

9. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

I've always liked these years, not only for Lincoln, but also for Ford and Mercury.

10. cornernfool

cornernfool

Heres mine. And yes, should be 1952-55, same car outside of 1/4 panels and headlight trim.

Attached Files:

11. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

I have a 54 Capri, which is in need of some work, but runs and drives ok. 52-54 had the GM hydramatic, which is why I got the 54. 55 had the Turbo-drive, which was a beefed up Furdomatic. I also like the way the 54 models incorporated the back up lights into the tail light assemblies.

12. 40sketter

40sketter

mines not the yrs spoke about here but its 57 and blessed to have two of em one could be forsale

13. rld14

rld14

Very underappreciated cars. Also, like any of the Lincolns of that era, they drive amazingly well. Even my huge boat of a 60 that, frankly, could use new shocks handles dramatically better than a comparable Cadillac.

A guy I know locally has a 54 that's been set up as something of a period correct "sleeper". It's got a built 368 Y Block, 8.20-15s, but H Rated blackwall Dunlop Road Speed 5s designed for a Bentley Continental, supposedly polyurethane everything in the suspension, Bilstein shocks, thick sway bars, AOD trans, etc. I really wouldn't mind owning that car at all.

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I love the '56-'57 Continentals (they're not Lincolns, of course) in their own right, but to me, the '52-'55 Lincolns are just about perfect straight from the factory. They need very little "improving." They are just beautiful, period.

15. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I would love to have a garage full of them, but for now I will settle for just one! :D One day I would like to have a second one to cut up. I know everyone says they don't need to be cut up but after seeing one with a 2 1/2" chop I almost have to disagree. My current ride is getting some Wide whites and maybe lake pipes but I don't think it will ever see a "Haircut".

Attached Files:

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I always liked the interiors on those, they look like a custom tuck and roll job from the factiry

17. oldthudman

oldthudman

Have seen lots 49-50 Mercs with 53 Lincs tail lights.........

One of my favorite Lincolns was the prototype and Mk I Continental convertible.........

18. sled

sled

VERY much aprreciate cars here in México...remember the Panamericana in 1954..4 Lincolns in a row winning theier class

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  19. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Love 'em. Are you kiddin' me. They remind me of the 63-65 Rivieras and Lincoln Mark IIs. With slight adjustments here and there. BAM! Custom! Love it.

20. I'll snap some photos of my wife's interior. It is pretty cherry

21. oldsman41

oldsman41

had a friend in high school that had a 53. alot of us guys did work on that car,a first for me. 14 at the time. he passed away a couple years ago, thanks for the thread brought a smile to my face remembering the great times working on that car.

22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Just a reminder: The '56-'57 Mark II's were not Lincolns. They were made by the Continental Division of Ford Motor Company.

23. flamingokid

flamingokid

Darn near perfect out of the box.

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Oh hell yes. The Road Race Lincolns are hands down my favorite examples of the make.

25. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

26. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

My 52' Lincoln Capri is pretty much factory as far as the suspension is concerned and I have to admit it drives nice, handles nice (for a 4800lb car) and stops really well. The front springs have been cut and it runs 3" lowering blocks in the rear but still all the factory parts. The brakes are stock also except for the a power booster and dual master cylinder has been added. The car stops better than any drum brake car I have ever owned. The only downfall I can see is PARTS. You can purchase a complete aftermarket frontend for the price of the balljoints alone! One day it would be nice to develope a conversion that uses the factory suspension but allows the use of more common balljoints!

27. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I wonder if the customizers got their ideas from the Lincoln interiors.

28. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Count me in as a long time admirer of these Lincolns. I, too, really like the Carrera Pan Americana history, and look, but would probably actually do one in a much more subtle trim. Chassis mods and powertrain improvements, perhaps, but near stock appearance for me.

Thanks for posting a variety of pics!

Ray

29. Beautiful cars.

30. I remember well the great '54 Lincoln convertible I had back in 1956...it was black with black and white leather interior...tan canvas top. These Lincolns were a hard sell on used car lots for some reason...but I really enjoyed ours. The '54 was the last year with the dual range Hydramatic trans, the '55 came with a Fordomatic type transmission...The '55's had a bigger engine but my '54 seemed to be quite a bit faster on acceleration.