Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need to remove gas smell from my hands...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jvo, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Laugh if you lack the sense of reality...

Wash em with common hand cleaner or your favorite soap, and after a time there's still an odor. What works really well after cleaning, take a lighter and run it swiftly over the palms and finger sides. Try to avoid the hairs on the knuckles (if you have any left), but 99 out of 100 times, odor gone. Not 1 single cleaner gets the residual odor out, and I've never had any other remedy like lemons and mouthwash and tomato juice ever work, but a butane lighter works very well. The worst of all is the old varnished gas smell. Awful when that gets in your skin, and that's when I tried the lighter deal after someone joked about it. "Just light your hands on fire!" Funnier yet, the look on that dude's eyes when I lit my lighter...

2. raidmagic

raidmagic

Quick way to mask the smell, Germ X.Hand Sanitizer

3. I don't think it's your hands. It's in your blood. Part of your DNA. She'll have to get used to it. It is what you are. Nothing to feel bad about.

4. Heck ,washing your hands with Lave Soap & water,,if you still smell like gas take a shower! :D HRP

5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

SOS works for me for just about anything ,even a day of junkyard grease,soak em in the hottest water you can for a while first.Or do what i would do,give them your best are you kidding me look and snatch that kid up.

6. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

Shaving cream, sounds odd but I have a problem with my hockey gloves making my hands stink, was talking to a buddy of mine who plays in the NHL, told me to try shaving cream. I did, works great.

7. A newborn's skin is very sensitive and I can understand why "they" wouldn't want you to handle the kid with gas saturated hands. The stuff is hard to remove because your skin can absorb it from what I was told. Just hold the kid with some gloves on until you can rid yourself of the odor that has soaked in.

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Threaten to cut them out of your will. LOL

9. birdman42

birdman42

One of our local part stores have a wipe called Gas Hands. It is like a baby wipe and it works great.

10. indyjps

indyjps

Try stainless steel? Sound crazy? Its what a chef buddy of mine does to get onion smell off his hands, dish soap and a bar of stainless, you can substitute rubbing youjr hands on a stainless steel sink with soap to see if it works on gas smell. Worth a try, lot less damaging then all the chemicals suggested

11. stimpy

stimpy

go jo orange and a hot water soak afterwords .

12. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Use a masking agent like sweaty nut sack.

Make sure to run it by the wife's nose first.

13. xwing01

xwing01

Good ol duck butter

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Clean some fish.

15. Mojo

Mojo

I second the orange hand cleaner. I wash with it, then dish soap. Very effective.

16. just Mike

just Mike

Hand sanitizer works good.

17. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

I wonder if the gas smell is on your clothes,making you smell worse the you really are,maybe take a shower and change your clothes, might get you out of the dog house for now. Harvey

18. boldventure

boldventure

Powdered "Lava" hand soap usually does a pretty good job for me.

19. jimvette59

jimvette59

Rub a LEMON on them.

20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

LAVA soap or DAWN dish soap mixed with BAKING SODA. Sure the fumes are't in the clothes? Butch/56sedandelivery.

21. hey jvo,
    have you seen my old chopped and channeled A coupe running around up there?
    was white with red scollops

22. slowmotion

slowmotion

Soak 'em in white vinegar for about 10min or so. Plus it gets any rust off too.

23. 55shoebox

55shoebox

steal something in Iraq - no more hand smell issues.

24. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

While the gas is still wet on the hands, lite a match it will burn off. this is how I got rid of my crabs.

25. Wash with Dawn dish soap,rub cat food in really well

26. Gasoline smell never hurt me as a baby...

[​IMG]

Sam

27. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

This is the best hand cleaner for removing paint,oil,gas smell, bondo, I use this every day works great. smells good too:D

Attached Files:

28. 327Eric

327Eric

Wash some dishes. Seriously. You can wash your hands with soap or cleaners, but get very little contact time. Wash a a sink full of dishes in warm water, say 10 minutes contact time, and your in and out of the water. Works wonders. Sorry its not manly, but it works.

29. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

Was she smoking a cigarette when she requested you loose the gas smell? J/K.

The gas is in your pores/skin. Takes time to get out. This can be helped long with the abrasive soaps other have suggested. 24 hours you should be gas smell free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.