Register now to get rid of these ads!

Altered lost it at the 60 ft

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyde_Auto_Body, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Hey man you got to realize that some folks here just live to crap on other peoples stuff!!!
    Glad you and your ride are OK. But i would update your safety equipment before you get serious about this.
    Fuzzy

2. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

I just rushed through the entire thread and did not see any mention of tire pressure. My BBC Fiat Altered 112" wheelbase ran 9.60's in N.E.III. We used 6 psi for the rears, and 34 psi on the front tires. If the pressure in the rears is lower, it tends to "float" around at high speed. With higher pressure, a car like that will tend to "bounce", and that may have been your problem. Also, with a live axle, it's essential to insure both rear tires have the exact same pressure. We even cover the sunny side tire in the lanes to prevent pressure increase on that tire. Drag race 101, I know, but just didn't see it mentioned. Ditto on the cage improvement!!

3. Hyde_Auto_Body

Hyde_Auto_Body

Yep we experimented a lot with tire pressure. We found it worked the best around 5 1/2 psi on the rear and 40 on the front.

4. shawnspeed

shawnspeed
    from Attica Mi

Yep ...I can hear the strip from my house....I am about 3 miles as the crow flies...,.Kinsler still by the bowling alley in troy???One of my previous employers, rented space from him, and I would drop by occasionally to see what was happening..Small world...maybee I'll get out there and drop in and say hi one weekend....Shawn

5. Hyde_Auto_Body

Hyde_Auto_Body

yeah the track could use the business, even spectator business. The numbers have really been down this year.

6. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

H.A.B. (geez almost a H.A.M.B.!!!) I know it is on your other thread about altered's but I can't find it at the moment, however I just wanted to say your car looks really good with the injection on it. Nothing says "racecar" to me more than that induction set up.

Great looking car, even better without the scoop. IMHO.

Nice.

7. Hyde_Auto_Body

Hyde_Auto_Body

Thanks for the compliments. Yep I wanted to sort of keep the car period correct so went with this vintage Hilborn unit. I never liked the scoop that was on it before. It was hard to see around not to mention too modern for this car.