Register now to get rid of these ads!

flathead 2x2 fuel setup questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bk53, Jun 29, 2013.

1. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

Hi,
    I've got a navarro regular duel with a couple of 97's. I've got the linkages figured (Uncle Max specials) out but I'm looking for ideas on how to dress in the fuel lines. I'm using the large outlet 7ra pump and have stromberg hose barbed banjo's, the second one with a fuel pressure gauge. I've somehow now got to fit a holly regulator, and a filter. Anybody can share some pics of how you solved this kind of thing neatly? I'd sure appreciate it.

This will go on a 8ba running an H&H 4" stage 3 setup. Block is finally good to go. I want to set this intake on it all after a few hundred run in miles.
    bill

[​IMG]

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. spooler41

spooler41

Just run a single fuel line to a fuel block on the fire wall, and then a fuel line to each carb. If you want to include a pressure gauge add a third outlet port to the fuel block for that. I'm
    not sure you need a regulator ,the filter should go between the pump and fuel block.

....................Jack

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  4. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

Thanks, I ve started to find a few pictures around and it looks the firewall will be the place.

regards

5. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...excuse the mud....fuel line from tank, filter, pressure regulator, pressure gauge, fuel block, lines to carbs.....

[​IMG]

6. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

Thanks man, I really like your car.

7. brpowel4

brpowel4

This is what i did. Hardlined to a fuel regulator then a short soft line to a hard fuel line that feeds both carbs. No fuel block needed. Works great of me.

Bryan

Attached Files:

8. This is my set up in the '40.
    I drilled and tapped another 1/8 pipe port on the fuel block for the fuel pressure gauge.
    My filter/s are under the bed, one before the electric fuel pump, and another after it.
    [​IMG]

9. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

There is a double ended banjo fit like the type 40FordPU is using. It would allow plumbing only one line. You would not need the fuel block.

10. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

That's some real eye candy fellas. Different guys solving the same problem a couple different ways. I'll look for one of them double ended banjoes. This won't be a show truck, but I sure want it to look thought out.

11. oj

oj

Go searching (ebay) for a 'milemaster' regulator & modify it for dual outlets.

12. Or you could build up your own fuel rail.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Here's a couple of pics of what I did. Not the best pics but was in a hurry! Note you definately need a regulator, something like 2.5 #'s or so...

The motor is on a test stand with no regulator, but will have in the car along with a 6V electric pump and a three position switch. g

Attached Files:

14. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

you cats are artists. Roseville Carl, what'dya use that motor in, 4x2 with a straight linkage? El Rat, i like how you worked that out. The bends in those lines are pretty sweet. damn now I have to rethink the red hose thing :)

15. Back in the high school 60's, I bought a three deuce setup for my Y-block. Plumed it up with copper fittings and tube per my uncle's instructions. Everyone thought I was crazy.
    Never leaked once.

16. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx