Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to get 8x2 Hemi Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MannyK, Jul 1, 2013.

1. I have been looking like CRAZY for a Hemi 8x2 intake, for a non-blown 331-392 early Hemi. Where can I get a good one? Do they still manufacture them, or would I have to buy a vintage used one? I'd like on like this:
    [​IMG]

2. I don't want to seem rude but...btt

3. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

4. Well, did they stop manufacturing them...?

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

The one pictured is fabricated. Not manufactured.

But Weiand and Offenhauser both made 8x2 log style Manifolds. The Weiand had a little more clearance for the distributer. Last one I saw went for 750$. I sold an 8x2 Offy manifold about three years ago for 1000$.

6. Might have been totally custom made piece or a custom 8 carb top plenum was adapted to a racing aluminium intake? :confused:

7. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

8. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's the Atomic Punk. Plowboy here on the hamb built it if anyone wants to ask him..

9. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

There is a guy who sells NOS ones on Ebay, the log type 8x2 Offenhauser, he might
    even be here on the hamb....CAN'T BEAT NEW !!!!!

10. Do you know his ebay account? or do you have a link, this sounds good!

11. And does anyone know where I can get scoops like that?

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Those were made by a company called Maund. They're new, so they're getable.

13. Mine is the style of a Crower U-Fab. I got it through Bob Walker, Hot Heads, maybe about eight years ago. But I saw someone selling similar U-fab kits on eBay recently as well.

[​IMG]

It is hard to find a cast Edelbrock or Offenhauser 8-2 manifold and one drawback in my mind is they usually need a couple bolts installed from inside the intake.

14. There is a guy here in Australia selling a Drag Star 8x2 $1000

15. This is nice! Im gonna look into Hot Heads. Maybe Hemi Haines has one

16. Thanks!

17. Plowboy

Plowboy

I bought that intake new from PAW. I think they went out of business though. It had different top plates available for it, 3x2, 2x4, Blower and maybe another one or two. It was made by Classic Speed Equipment I think, but it may have been PAW's own brand.

18. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Check hotheads, they have adapters for 3x2, 2x4, 8x2.

19. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Do you remember PAW offering 392 "Kits" including the block and heads and everything for like $3500 in the back of their catalog?

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yeah, but I never heard of anyone who actually bought one and if they were any good or not.....

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PAW as a company is technically gone, but he still does the early Hemi stuff. I believe he still has the patterns to the multi-carb intakes as well. He had a site going for just early Hemi stuff, but it looks like he's all Ebay now. Links are accessed through the PAW link below...

http://www.pawinc.com/

You used to be able to buy surplus Offy 6x2's and 8x2's through Exeter, who is a HAMBer. Check his listings to see if they are still available.

http://www.exeterautosupply.com/Offenhauser Catalog.html

Or maybe it was this place:

http://www.offyparts.com/index.php/cPath/1

I don't see them at either, anymore.

And yes, there was also Weiand and a couple others. All are pretty difficult to find. Your best bank for the buck is to go through Matt at Lakes Headers and have him weld you one up. Matt's a good guy and being a HAMBer he'll work with you. Not many cast aluminum left that I would consider easily obtainable and the U-fab style are still very traditional and common.

Something to keep in mind, and I think Dreddybear can attest to this, if you DO find an Offy (lots of them out there) you will have to clearance a bit for the distributor to clear.

Good luck!

22. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

23. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Taging for later looks like a lot of good info on early Hemi stuff.

24. Thanks everyone!

25. HF, I know where it went brother....