Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects would it insult the hotrod gods???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by floydspeed, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floydspeed

floydspeed
    from Illinois

Would I piss off the hot rod gods by placing a '32 ford pick up on a '69 F-100 frame keeping the drive train and converting to a straight axle??? I have acquired over the years 2 '32 cabs and a '69 F-100 short box and I'm a mopar guy but I wanted in '32 to be drag race inspired and the other to be period correct('50's & '60's). But I'm also stuck with this F-100 that I wanted to complete and sell to fund my '32's. Time to build something cool and sell... Let me know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.

2. metal man

metal man

Yes. Don't do this.....build one or the other, don't mutate them together, please.

3. I don't like the sound of that....

4. Oh come on, you can't afford a few hundred bucks for the box tube to build up a frame that will fit the cabs and not look like shit? You're never going to be able to finish it in that case.

5. Yes, it would. They would likely hurl lightning bolts at you. Couldn't think of a worse frame to put under a '32 cab. Too wide for starters.

6. badshifter

badshifter

Most times I'd say do an intro before asking insane questions.
    But in this case, maybe it's better to sneak in quietly....
    and sneak out just as quietly....

7. Build what you like, but only show trad hot rod stuff here. You can talk about non Hamb stuff in the social groups, and i believe i saw a chassis swap group, for late model chassis.

8. floydspeed

floydspeed
    from Illinois

Ok, that's all I needed. I've had a tough time trying to sell the '69 and a tough time finding a clean box, but I didn't want the ugly label of "ratrod" on this thing. I have plans to build a box frame with tapered frame horns to mimic an original but still have a tough base for a race theme. Thanks guys. I'll try again to unload the F-100 to fund the nostalgic race project.

9. All I picture is a traditional bigfoot

10. you asked ! LOL

11. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I dunno about the hotrod gods, but you'll piss US off....and that's ALL that matters! :)

Yeah, I recommend you sell the F100 stuff and purchase a proper frame for the '32. Build it right.

12. Sell one of the cabs, to pay for a decent frame for the other.
    Scrap the F100 if necessary.

The Gods will thank you.

13. .... and what did that '32 do to you to deserve such a miserable destiny? .... treat it with the care and respect it deserves.

14. 1pickup

1pickup

"Hurl" is the key word here, but it ain't lightning bolts...

15. Reconsider your sinful ways and force those impure thoughts from your heart.
    The iniquity of the ratroder will have severe punishment in the infernal fires of the steel recycling yard.
    3 hail orcabetties and 7 holley carbs.will redeem your soul.
    Throw the f100 in the fire and repent!!!!!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

17. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Go to your local Model Car Store and buy a plastic model of a 32 Ford Pickup and a model of a 69 F-100.
    When you get home pour the contents from both kits onto your kitchen table. Gently stir all of the parts together.
    Sit there and stare at that pile of parts until you realize "This S--t Ain't Gonna Work"
    Good Luck, Jeff

18. oddcraig

oddcraig

I think he has already seen the error after getting the responses from y'all. HAMB to the rescue again... Now You can do your intro on the intro page.....

19. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Not sure which is the worst, the original question or some of the replies.
    If you really have to ask them maybe this just isn't for you.

20. gwayne

gwayne

agree....

21. If you have a grinder, MIG welder and a good imagination... you can make that F-100 frame kick ass.

Sam

22. Not only would you piss off the hot rod gods,,you would piss of all the guys that have '32 pickups.

If for some reason you don't take the advice of all the intelligent reply's to your question and built this abortion,,please don't post it on the Hamb! HRP

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

bingo!!!!!!!

24. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

If you were my friend I would club you like a baby harp seal for that suggestion.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. aaggie

aaggie

You would have to do some serious work to the truck frame to get it to fit. It is too wide, too long and way too heavy. By the time you get it butchered to fit you could have bought a real '32 frame and be on the road. Think seriously about this project.

26. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I find it amusing that the OP relented in post #9 yet I'm sure there's 8 more pages of hammering coming.

27. Uhn huhn.

Sell the '69 to someone who will appreciate it, find a chassis or buy some duece rails and go from there.

I just didn't weant to be left out.
    Can anyone say feeding frenzy? :D

28. floydspeed

floydspeed
    from Illinois

Alright everyone, I got it. My original post was a by product of too many projects and too many miller lites... I apologize for my reckless question... I have corrected my views and move forward the proper way... Thank you for all your input and abuse...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.