Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

2. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

The original owner was a gardener who kept it in a garage every night. The truck is all intact minus a tail gate. Everything works , but the horn.

What size tires are the stock equivalent. I am looking for a light truck tire. I will use it for finish carpentry. I know there are threads on econoline tire size, but there all running them slammed or with different rims, disk brakes. Thanks, John

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    droppedstepside likes this.
  3. LongBeachCA

LongBeachCA

Hi, Looking for an econoline in the socal area, prefer a running project, up to $3500. anyone here willing to part with theirs? Prefer a pickup but will consider vans.

4. Speedracer 64

Speedracer 64

Would love to have a van. Every year I go to the Hot Rod Reunion leaves me wanting a cool hot rod. Already have a race car but want something old I can get out and cruise in. I also want something different. That's why I want a van or a wagon.

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Mine is actually on the road now! I put all new tires, got some Fenton Hawk wheels, recored the radiator, "new" gas tank, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, battery, tune-up and it runs like a little sewing machine. The only problem is, I've got no rear seats. Anybody got any for the 61-67 vans?

Attached Files:

6. syndromeofadown

syndromeofadown
    from Tacoma

I am jealous sir. Nice ride.

7. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

How much is a rolling E100 pickup worth. No tailgate a little rust. engine 200 or 240and trans 3 speed out of truck and never in the truck, but come with it.. The truck was running a V8 that is long gone

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  8. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Maybe $2-2500. Since the engine is out, and you have no guarantee it runs (?) I would shoot for the low end of that. It would depend on the rust.

9. econolineherb

econolineherb

Johnnybentwrench . What year ? What happened to the V8 setup ? If you join the other Econo group i can talk through there . I don't do old econo .

10. econolineherb

econolineherb

Anything is only worth what the two parties are willing to agree on .

11. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

Herb, Are the tailgate hinges from the 50's ford trucks the same as the econoline? I need to at least get a hold of those. I could not carry 12' lengths of material today. The angle was to steep with no tailgate.

12. econolineherb

econolineherb

13. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I've been looking for the same for a while. Not easy to find. I was actually considering going to a local machine shop and having some fabbed.

Lemme know if you find a source.

14. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

I will. Somebody is knocking em off. John

15. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Earlier in this thread I asked the same. Someone said they knew someone who was, but after several requests for more info.......nuttin.

16. On a totaly different subject, just got this for mine. ImageUploadedByTJJ1371688326.503929.jpg

17. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Is that a 9" from an Econo? It's hard to tell for sure if it's a 9".

18. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Dang, you are a lucky man!! If I might ask, how much did it run and was it hard to find?

19. There was one in the H.A.M.B. classifieds awhile back for 150. Embaressed to say it cost 350 . I put a wanted ad in the H.A.M.B. classified section ,instant results. More then I wanted to pay but I didnt spend months looking.

20. econolineherb

econolineherb

Vic has the gates and hinges . goto the econosrus and you'll find just about everything your looking for .

21. elba

elba

Could somebody go out to their pickup and take two pics for me ? I need a pic of the area above and below the back window and a pic of the side area behind the seat . The only interior parts I have is the cardboard headliner and the seats. Thank You !!!

Here is a pic of mine. I will be installing eng/trans next week.[​IMG]

22. econolineherb

econolineherb

23. LongBeachCA

LongBeachCA

Just joined the club.

66 three window. Heavy duty model (one ton payload), 240, 3 speed, 9", looks to be bone stock, only thing done to it is the primer ontop of the original yellow paint, shaved gas cap and they filled in those little channels on the rear roll pan.

She fires up and I drove her around the block before I bought it, but radiator and waterpump are shot. Hoping to get all that repalced in the next couple weeks and use it as a driver until I have time to really dive into a project.

Came with a nice straight rust free tailgate, but I'm missing all the hinges. If anyones got extras please message me as I'd like to buy em.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  24. You all like em...Thats fine!

I never did...and thats fine too!

25. Hogride

Hogride

Took My Worn sagging front Springs apart and used the main spring and then the 4 bottom springs from a S10 rear spring to rebuild my front . Woo Hoo no more wallow saggee ride and sets level. Now im going to try some 4% rear end caster shims to lean front axle back for better high speed and thinking on getting a steering stabilizer shock. :) took it up to higher speed 70 + some :eek: and its a whole lot better not scarey now !

26. I knew there was a reason to keep those stock s10 springs sitting in the corner.

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

28. econolineherb

econolineherb

Now if i can stop the guy that's buying all the S10s around here i'll have a set .

29. Hogride

Hogride

Ha Ha ! I got them for $25 and thought what the hay. Ill try and use worked very well clamped up with c clamps made new 1/4 longer center bolt. back to stock ride height and stiffer 5 leafs getting ready for the 514 scj & c6 when my friend with lift gets time to help me. :D