Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is headed to GoodGuys Des Moines 2013?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T&A Flathead, Jun 26, 2013.

1. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I will be there with the 1962 Thunderbird. I will also be taking tickets at the main gate 1 to 5 on Friday.

2. Bull

Bull

My camp last year during Friday's storm. Just a bit wet . . .
    [​IMG]

3. A Boner

A Boner

What's with the Good Guy web site.....can't get on....need DesMoines dates.

4. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

^^^^^^ Its this friday -Sunday. July 5th-7th. ^^^^^^

5. redzula

redzula

Haha by I remember that story from last year. You won an award didn't you? I also remember seeing you in driving past/through Ankeny that day while I was on my lunch break.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. carmak

carmak

We rode out the storm in one of the horse barns. If they had unlocked all the gates to all of the animal buildings I think almost every car at the show could have been under cover.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

7. Baggs

Baggs

Forecast is looking great as far as GG in Des Moines is concerned! Usually its "surface of the sun" hot and humid. Last year was un-godly humid after that rain and storm came through Friday night. This year looks to be alot more promising and nice! The suspense is killing me to get on the road and relax for four days!

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I am going to register when I get there. Which gate should I be entering, I'm assuming only 1 gate will have open registration....

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I believe it is normally Gate 1 and should be clearly marked with a "Registration" sign. Enter from East University Avenue.

10. redzula

redzula

Yea come in the main entrance off E. University there will be a big white tent. There will surely be registration signs and tons of volunteers in that area who can point you in the right direction if needed.

11. MVW49

MVW49
    from Iowa

I'll be there. Have a 67 fair lane GTA, 65 chevelle, and a 72 cutlass the family brings up. Hopefully my 49 pilot house will be there next.

12. carkiller

carkiller

I will be there friday as a turrist, New 37s not ready and not vending Cal

13. Jokester

Jokester

We'll be there in my avatar. No paint on the hood though. I'm hoping for no breakdowns this year. Last year I had to ride home in a trailer; cost me a crankshaft.

.bjb

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

15. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

looks like i'll be headed in wed night or thur morn now to set up the camper and stay ! looks like i'll hit the poker run again this year , and its looking like were gonna have perfect weather

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

" and its looking like were gonna have perfect weather "

Now it will rain for sure........ don't screw it up and talk about it.
    Also - what ever you do - don't wash your car - it will rain for sure.

It's Iowa remember. Changes with out notice.

17. modelamac

modelamac

We're heading out Thursday morning.... can't wait!

Gotta get me some Tasty Tacos as soon as we get there!!!!! so hopefully we will make in time for the poker run!!!

We'll be in a 37 Chevy 2dr (looking like it was just drug out of a barn and sitting on the ground) and a 37 Willys sedan delivery, and if I can talk the 'ol man into it... his 35 Ford sedan....

Say hey if you see us!!!!

Attached Files:

18. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Prolly be there Saturday-save me a Peeber!

19. Bull

Bull

The trip down was quite the adventure - 1 car not starting before we even left, 1 car not starting at a gas stop, and the fender getting ripped off our teardrop putting a hole in the side of the trailer on the way down - topped off by the storm when we got there. We had beer and a canopy to stand under and watch it blow through -- all was good! Was a great weekend and the icing on the cake was being chosen for the Suede & Chrome award. :)

20. Willy_P

Willy_P

I am coming as a tourista too with family in tow, staying at the Wildwood, hopefully will save some walking.
    I know what Malcolm looks like so that's a start.
    Are there any HAMB coordinates to look some of you guys, or is it like a scavenger hunt-find the car in the thread pix an there you are?

Has anyone eaten at Fong's pizza-it is supposed to be fun, good food, and crazy big adult beverages.

For a great Fourth, buy a fifth on the third. ;)
    Willy_P

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Willy_P

Willy_P

Dang! Just called the hotel to double-re-verify, and we are way west out in Clive. The GG map showed hotel#15 just east of the fair grounds. I guess I ought to get out of Kansas more often. Hope they have lots of parking!

22. redzula

redzula

I'm a redhead, my wife got brown curly hair but the easiest way will probably to look for the little tykes stroller I posted a few pages ago. Other than that I'm planning on using the hey are you on the HAMB line lol. We usually try to park around the Pepsi triangle but it varies by where we can find spots of course

Fongs is awesome it's a staple bars are closed and I'm hungry spot. Lots of strange favors like crab Rangoon pizza but its usually a good time. One of Des Moines hidden gems for sure just a tiny holy in the wall on 5th street downtown

23. Willy_P

Willy_P

I just informed my wife of my boo-boo and tried to salvage things by saying we would be closer to Fong's where we could get one of their skull drinks. She said " yeah, we'll call it NUMBSKULL". DOH! At least the weather will be good for LONG walks. :(

24. redzula

redzula

Your going to walk from clive to good guys lol?

25. haychrishay

haychrishay

Fong's is overrated....just my opinion

26. carmak

carmak

What are some good local places to eat in DM with my family?

We are camping at the fairgrounds so I prefer to stay away from the west side.

Thanks!

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

27. redzula

redzula

I agree that fongs can be overated I think its more because everyone goes there while drunk that makes it lol.

There is Jethros BBQ in Altoona (not sure if that is a DSM only thing I thought it was but I've been wrong before)

There is tasty tacos (fast food Mexican get the original tacos) I there is a few of them around town not sure exactly where they are on that side of town though so just Google it.

There is El Rodeo (sit down Mexican that's really fast).

That's all I can think of right now I know there is more maybe someone who live on that side of town can add to this. Apparently I really like Mexican haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Here are a few on the east side.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vtJ4FETKoPBcLozKsj9d6ZA&bvm=bv.48705608,d.aWc

http://www.jethrosdesmoines.com/jethros-and-jakes-altoona/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3oCACQ&usg=AFQjCNE0IdKUIxqTrFRZ0sd74uj8jrVPvQ

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lICABg&usg=AFQjCNFxi82vI6MwLfh2LoOMNCemuQwlKw

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member