Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking to find contacts for 32 coupe project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Model B Wanna Be, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Model B Wanna Be

Model B Wanna Be

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I have been reading and The H.A.M.B on and off for a while now but have now decided I need to get active about sourcing bits and pieces for the long desired hot rod project.

Ever since I saw American Graffiti as a 7 year old I knew I just had to have a deuce coupe .
    The car design and specs have changed many times over the years and although I love all types of hot rods and street machines , my money, time and effort will be funneled in to a nostalgia rod - in my opinion that means being built with parts and techniques available pre '65 .
    In a perfect world it would be a henry steel '32 ford coupe with a supercharged stroked flathead
    I am however getting very concerned that may not be possible due to the parts getting harder to find. Especially because I am living in New Zealand ( well Australia at the moment ) which makes it extremely hard to find that elusive barn find .
    I am looking to find contacts , shops , clubs . wrecking yards so I can make a plan to come and do a swap meet ,wrecking yard and shed tour next year or the following
    Hence my decision to register and let myself known.

I would prefer a 32 Ford and although I really dont want to I am aware I may have to change plans due to parts availability - for example I saw a 33 chev with a 65 pontiac motor that would do but not quite the dream car that has been designed and redesigning itself in my head over the years

Any hints , tips , clubs websites or advice on where to start to track down a car , body , parts to help this dream come true would be greatly appreciated

Russ

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome. Where exactly are you ? Many of us watched that film and gained inspiration.

3. Welcome from Oz/NZ as well. Im working over in WA doing a 4/1 and flying back to NZ for my week off.
    Gennie steel 32 if you can find one (probably not in NZ) is going to set you back a fortune, try a repro or even a glass body, yea I know its glass but dependeing on your budget its all some can afford.
    Built a blown and stroked flattie for a 34 a few years back, and once again they get pretty pricey as well.
    Where abouts do you live? im from Central Otago and if your down my way when im around I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jason.

4. fleet-master

fleet-master

hi from down in NZ!! What part of the country are you in? do you have your heart set on a coupe? I ask as I have seen more than a couple of good candidates (pickups mainly)for projects on TradeMe over the past few months. Fibre bodies are an option for sure tho ,or a steel repro such as my roadster..really depends on so many variables.
    Let us know where you are ,we'll try and hook you up with someone close to you

5. Model B Wanna Be

Model B Wanna Be

I am currently living in Queensland Australia . but I am from Auckland NZ and will be returning to Auckland . I am looking for a car or body in USA, NZ ,Australia . I am hoping to plan a trip to America to go on a search .I have no idea what state would be best to start looking in or if it is just pure luck that finds these cars . I really dont want a glass car but may need to start with one and the swap it for a steel one once I get one patched up and repaired . I am considering other makes of car but would prefer a ford so I can run a flat head - a flat head in a chevy would just be wrong !

I have been into hot rods for years and know what I want but have never had one. Time is ticking on and parts are getting scarce so its time to get a plan in action .
    So I am going to start collecting bits for the engine build while I look for a car ( parts to build a car more likely ) .

Thanks for the offer Jason , I might just take you up on that offer . I am gonna need all the help I can get .

Russ

6. Model B Wanna Be

Model B Wanna Be

I do have my heart set on a coupe as the end result . I will build the motor while looking for a coupe . If I dont find a coupe in the next year or 2 I will put the motor into some thing cool to cruise in . If I find a coupe thats not a ford I will build a suitable engine keeping with the nostalgia theme then look for something to put the flat head in ( 2 rods are better than one , right ??!! ) .
    But to answer the question at the moment I am looking for a coupe .

7. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Greetings-
    I would encourage you to take a long hard look at the United Pacific steel 5 window bodies.
    www.uapac.com

8. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

9. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC!

10. Maria

Maria

Welcome from Finland! Year 32 was A great year! My 32 chevy traveled almost across the world...they are pretty hard to find.. I'm hunting parts right now, if I find a whole car I let you know....