Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake pipes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolbreeze1340, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I'm gonna be making some el cheapo lakes for the Packard this weekend. More out of necessity than for looks... right now I'm just running a dump (no full exhaust) right behind the front tire, and I want the exhaust exit to be in a location where I wont be filling the car with fumes at a stop. Lakes pipes seem to me the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to go, plus they look good:cool: I'll be picking up some 2" tubing and a 90 degree bend to tie it into the existing dump tube. I'm doing the functional side first, then the other side for looks later when I have more cash... Everything I priced out adds up to about $30 +/- per side.

Here's what I'm running now...
    [​IMG]

2. I see �� what you mean by exhaust fumes filling the cab.

3. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Here's the end result.. I'm very happy with it! And now that the noise isn't right next to you when workin on the engine, I was able to identify a couple other exhaust leaks:rolleyes: go figure.... I'm not sure how I'm going to remedy it yet, its the heat riser valve thats leaking around the shaft. Oh well, at least its better! And its don't look half bad to boot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I also realized that the more cellphone camera technology improves, the worse my car looks in pictures HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

5. Rocket88

Rocket88

I'm running 80" chrome on my car, used the P clamps.
    I have a little bit of steel wool in the pipes to mellow the sound a bit.

Attached Files:

6. Bananas love your signature. Did you ever live in Los Angeles?
    My dad bought all his Chebys from Cal Worthington.

7. mrbuck

mrbuck
    from nor cal

hows steel wool work as a sound dampener?? do you just stuff a handful in the end and hope it doesnt blow out??