Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Oldsmobile enigine swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Razorshotrods, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

Hey Guys
    I have a 56 olds with no motor and tranny, i tried to search but couldnt find anything in reguards to putting in a 350 and 700r4. Anybody done this or have tips on motor mount position would be great.

2. Zaloryan

Zaloryan

3. 64Rocket

64Rocket

I hope you keep it Olds.

Gene

4. BobF

BobF
    from Poway, CA

Well, I also hope you use a 350 or 455 OLDS, but it is YOUR car.
    I doubt there are any off the shelf motor mounts so you most likely have to fabricate them.

5. 73RR

73RR

...a 1970 Buick 455 or a Cad 500 weighs about the same as an sbc but have 2x the grunt...

6. Steering clearance is tight, and mounts are hard to work around the A-arms. Had one a couple years ago that had been cobbed up and incredibly only had one motor mount, the other side the manifold was bouncing off the A-arm. If there's a mount you can use that can be mounted to the crossmember that might work best.

7. Hurst mounts are your friend. It will be the easiest to use and leave you more room to work your exhaust. You will need a mid mount as well with that late tranny and don't float the tail shaft.

8. I just got a SBC 350 chevy in my 60 olds that was rear steer that made it hard to use an olds motor. yours shares the GM corp frame and any GM motor should be close to easy as changes go.

9. hispanicviking

hispanicviking