Register now to get rid of these ads!

should i trade? 32' for 55'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

So i ended up with this truck through a series of trades. Always being one the lookout for more trades, i threw it up on c-list. Its a nice 32-34 cab with a beat up roof, two doors that need a little love, and a model a pickup box that needs some love. No rust in the cab. Its sitting on a rather streetroddy 32 chassis with all the magazine suspension underneath. dead motor and tranny Would make a really neat little truck, but i dont have a title, and i have my T project already.

[​IMG]

Guy contacts me and offers a straight up trade for this. 56 stepside, 350, 4 speed, 5 lug front and back with a nova 10 bolt. Was a runner driver but been parked for a couple years in his garage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truck would make a really neat little daily driver and hauler. Thoughts?

2. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Kool Chevy truck-but for me it'd be a no brainer to stay with the '32:)

3. Ah, kind of a hard call,
    I like trucks, the older the better.
    The 33/34 has potential, but the
    '55 could probably be a driver in one weekend.
    The old one isn't a '32 btw

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

yea, found that out this weekend. 33-34 cab.

I need the old ford project like i need a hole in the head... and that chev could be drivable in a weekend.....

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

It's more than a fair trade. Those 55-57's are great trucks.

6. Dollar wise it's probably about even. '56 you can probably be driving with a couple days work. Rest is up to you.

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Trade it. More room, less work and less time to be rolling.

8. I'd trade.................I think?

9. Definitely not a 32 cab,,33/34,,model A bed.

I love 32-34 trucks but if you are unable to do the work to make a nice truck out of it I would trade. HRP

10. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Id trade in a minute....after all, like you said, you have another project

11. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I'd do the trade, even if the motor was junk you could still have a runner in a couple of weekends.

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'm a ford guy... and I'd probably trade...

13. McDeuce

McDeuce

For me a 32 is it, I have 2 of them and want more. I would keep the 32.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

You'll have far more fun driving the Chevy Pickup looking for a better 32-34 Ford. Trade now before the guy changes his mind. Bob

15. Even though I don't fit in the 32 keep it,those TF trucks are around and unless it's got zero rot keep the 32. I have couple TF trucks including panel and they really aren't that valuable vs the old Ford stuff.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  16. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I would before he changes his mind

17. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

trade---TODAY !

18. Squablow

Squablow

Without a title, I don't see the 33/34 as being all that valuable. It's a workable cab and a nice chassis. What is that worth in real dollars? $4K maybe? Just thinking out loud.

But that shortbox Chevy looks like if you spent a few hard weekends "fluffing" it and getting it roadworthy, could be worth twice that. At least, around here it would be.

I'd trade, unless that Chev is way worse than it looks in the pictures. The Ford is neat and probably equal in value at this moment, but it's a way more involved project, and the title thing would seal that deal for me.

19. bgaro

bgaro

i'd rather the chevy too.

20. While I am partial to the old trucks, I have a 34 myself, I would probably do the trade. The Chevy is a real nice style of truck. Might not be worth as much in the future as the completed 33-34 on deuce rails, but its a lot less work and won't take as much money to get it going. You could find a way to get a title for the old one, but it would be another hassle to consider.

21. Marty WTF? like you need to ask....I hope you make the trade...that chevy is awesome.

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hmm..... possible alternative to a 401K or a nice old truck. I'd choose long term investment.