Register now to get rid of these ads!

28-29 Roadster PU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robH, Jun 28, 2013.

1. robH

robH

Does this car still exist ?? When I sold it (in the 60's) it had a 56-265 engine, 39 trans, Model A rear end, Lincoln brakes, 49 Chevy PU steering.
    Engine was from Blairs, installed about 58 or 59. I saw it one more time, late 60's, and I believe it had a BBC.
    I think it was registered 29, and actually a 28 ?
    Just curious... Anyone ??

Attached Files:

2. No pictures??????

3. Kinda' tough to answer without a picture.:confused:

4. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

We all have RPU's. One might be yours!

5. robH

robH

Didn't figure a pict would mean much. I'm sure if it exists, it would be drastically changed. All I've got is a license # (which could still be current), and an ignition key # (which could easily have been changed). I don't even have the (so-called) vin.
    Wife & I only have one picture... The youngsters are us, 50+ yrs ago.

Attached Files:

6. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Good luck in your quest.ya never know ,it could still be as it was.

7. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

I've got one that I bought recently...similar maroon color, but I'm sure it's not the same one. My CA plate is EIN515. I posted a while back, hoping for some history on it, but no one seems to know anything about it.

A friend by the name of Tony Borba, who lives near Petaluma, CA, showed me a picture of a similar 29 that an uncle of his owned back in the 60's. Maroon color, and full-fendered.

I've posted a couple pictures of mine.

Attached Files:

8. robH

robH

Update.... This has been an interesting query (for me)... With the help from here, and some help from public records, found out that as of 2011, this lic # was still on record. A previous owner was named Sherman, with an LA address. Then, more recently, there has been an owner named Bean, formally of the Ontario/Montclair/Fontana area, then more recently with an address in Lebanon, Oregon. It's been fun for me to know that after 50 years, the car still exists (at least as of a couple years ago). If there is anyone here from around Lebanon, OR, and has seen the car, please let me know. I would still speculate that after 50 years, the appearance of the car must have changed. Maybe someone knows Danny????

9. alchemy

alchemy

Here's a guy who popped up on Zabasearch:

Daniel L Bean
    39445 Plagmann Dr
    Lebanon, OR 97355
    (541) 259-4200

If he's not the right Bean, he may know who is. Give him a call.

10. badshifter

badshifter

I may have your fenders, aprons etc. And, I know where the rest is in Orange County.
    Did you ever get magazine coverage in the mid/late 60's?