Register now to get rid of these ads!

flat white on the cheap?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Post Apocalyptic Kustoms, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I'm trying to achieve a flat white paint on the cheap that will weather well and not stain bad. Wondering what you guys have used if you've done it?

2. Matt Kvamme

Matt Kvamme

I once used flat white Rustoleum reduced with acetone and sprayed it with my spray gun. Honestly turned out pretty good and lasted a few years. Sorry for the crappy pic, its the only one I could find.

[​IMG]

3. I would just get a single stage white in a less expensive line of paint and have the paint store put a flattening agent in it.

4. chop32

chop32

My painter buddy shot the white on my '49 Ford in flat white Rustoleum, also thinned with acetone, but it went on a little thin and didn't have any POP to it...I re-shot it after he left with straight out of the can rustoleum and it came out great.
    When I re-did the tail lites, I just sprayed it with rattle can rustoleum and it blended nicely.
    Id recommend a good sealer coat prior to the white, as everything tries to bleed through.

Attached Files:

5. What he said....probably can buy a gallon for a little over a 100 bucks