Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 chevy 2nd series truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARLOS8A, Jun 7, 2013.

1. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Well few months ago I picked this 55 chevy truck up from a younger kid. I started to tear the truck apart and found about a gallon of bondo on each door. A few months later and i now have two better front fenders, a pass door and rear fenders. here are a few pics of th Picture 001.jpg

Picture 003.jpg e truck! enjoy

2. jkski

jkski

keep going i will be worth evety minute you put in,the pay back is thr enjoyment of building a classic truck.when finished you can scoop the loop in down town waukegan.

3. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

4. birdman42

birdman42

5. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

That's a nice looking truck, what size tires are you running? 6 Lug?

6. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

7. cakes

cakes

good looking truck, You've got a bunch of rubber under the rear of that thing, inboard leaf springs?

8. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

My truck sits on a s-10 frame so its a 5 lug. The rear wheels are 15x12 and the front are 15x6 I need some wider wheels for the front.

9. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

sorry guys I am trying to post more pics but my work comp wont let me, when I get home ill get more pics and provide more info on the truck.

10. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Here are some pics that I took of my truck.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374541632.621094.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374541650.533297.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374541709.516056.jpg

12. I like the narrow wheels up front with the monster meats in the back vibe you have going on. I say leave them.

Kinda sends the signal that it's not your average shop truck.

Good job!

13. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Ya I put in manual cut outs and it's pretty loud, she actually has some get up and go!

14. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, Carlos,

I like the way your truck sets; it has a nice hot rod "tilt" to it.

I don't want to start a HAMB fuss fest over your S-10 frame, but I'd like to throw this out for discussion. Too often, guys will come on here asking about S-10 frame swaps for everything from a '24 T coupe to a '59 Caddy convert as if the S-10 was a universal replacement frame donor. There are a few vehicles, such as early '50's Chevy trucks, where the track width of the S-10 looks like a good match.

At the same time, I've often read the opinion that the S-10 track width is too narrow for the late 50's Task Force trucks. I have the same basic truck that you have, though yours looks a bit better. My frame has been hacked and modified to the point where I've been thinking a swap would cure some issues. The Chevy Colorado is a little wider than the S-10, and I have been thinking that it may be a better fit for my '57 TF stepside. Given the size of those front fenders, you don't want it to look like the tire is sitting too far back up in there.

Could you post some more photos of your truck, including a shot from straight on in front? Even w/ a 6" rim, your front tires don't really look "lost" in there, though a 15x7 would fill it up a bit more.

Thanks, Kinky6 :cool:

15. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Sorry that I didn't respond to this sooner, I rarely get on here. as for the truck I sold it, it was tough having to keep up with two cars and no where to put em so she was sold. I was sad but oh well.... as for the s10 frame ordeal, I think that as long as you have full fenders and not showing the frame off then its fine. My wheels on this truck did sit in way too far I even had a 2" wheel spacer to push the wheels out, I think if I had run a 15x7 it would have looked better. I sure do miss this truck but like I said I had no where to put her and I wasn't going to let my 64 catalina sit outside hahah.

16. Kinky6

Kinky6

Sorry you had to let the pickup go; I'm sure the new owner is digging it.

Thanks, anyway. :cool:

17. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Had a nice side profile.