Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 burnout with attitude

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by towithome, Jun 26, 2013.

1. purpledodge

purpledodge
    from Tucson

Thank's for putting a smile on my face......good stuff!

2. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

Looked like fun to me - and really well controlled. Guess I just don't "get" all the hand-wringing.

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

It made me giggle.

Rich

5. kracker36

kracker36

350 and IFS-------fits right in with other street rods.

6. The last 5 seconds are funny as shit!

7. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Not sure if you were watching the same video, but that didn't look like your regular "Boring, as you'd call it" 350 sbc'd streetrod. If this is what streetrods are, count me in IFS or not.
    From the looks of it, It would eat your lunch

8. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I agree and the best part it's not even a sbc. Look at the freeze plugs in the front of the heads Pontiac maybe? You would think somebody who hates sbc so much would know what one looks like.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. kelzweld

kelzweld

I'm with you Matt :)

10. kracker36

kracker36

11. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Hey bud, wasn't trying to insult you personally. But when someone says "350 & IFS, just like the rest..."
    I don't think i've heard anyone refering to anything other than a SBC as far as street rods go.
    It's just sad to dismiss a machine like this as such so quickly.

12. kracker36

kracker36

I know that you didnt insult me. Actually, I dont care if you did insult me;)
    Also dont care if that GM powered street rod eats my tomato sandwich cause I got a garden full of tomatoes.

13. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Yep! I'm with ya on this one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's done something similar to that in far less controlled conditions....back in the day of coarse:D

14. I'm glad I watched it.

15. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Da Fuq, why all the hate? would all you stick up the ass weird guys like it if he posted a boring slow test drive of a plane jane Biscane with 3 on the tree driving like a wussie? I thought his video was bad ass. Thanks for sharing.

16. christopher 78

christopher 78

they just repeat what they read on a forum! no actual reason!

17. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I'k guessing the drama will get this closed, imho, funny but dumb.

Scotty

18. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

First, The owner said he is in the process of changing out the IFS. So quit bashing the guy on it.
    Second, Its a bad ass video, with a car that has plenty of ass. I have done it, Im sure 99% of us on this forum have done it. If you say you haven't done something similar your a liar. Not exactly a burnout in a shop, but burnouts with people on sideline and so on and so on.
    So I say this to the owner of car, bad ass man.

19. bgaro

bgaro

have hot rodders lost there rebellious attitudes?

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Back in 65' or 66' a buddy bought a 40' Ford Coupe; no engine or trans, Olds rear end, a roller..Buys a brand new big block, 427 Chevy and puts it in with a 3-spd trans [all he could find that wasn't attached to something in the club house!] and a driveshaft that had been leaning in the corner for years..Gets the brakes working and the engine running, putts around the back roads some to check for fall offs...So one night he is pulling hole shots in the club shop aiming for the door, trying to get some tire smoke...First gear didn't amount to much, just too low..Starting in second was better and the car would just start hauling ass as it went out the door..So third gear gotta be the charm..Tried a couple starts but the trans would pop out of gear but he found he could hook his right leg around the shifter since the gas pedal was a string......Couple more starts and things were looking good, very impressive accross the shop and out the door into the darkness of the gravel driveway/parking area.. I felt there was a little more left and asked if he was holding it wide open, he replied with great profoundness, "Hell no! The faster ya get going the smaller the damn door gets!"

21. john-e-yuma

john-e-yuma
    from Sacramento

Who in the hell doesn't love smokey burnouts?? I haven't posted much but I've been reading this forum a ton lately and it seems there are a bunch of whinny ass judgmental people on here that like to criticize a lot of stuff. Just enjoy it for what its worth.

22. fittytwo

fittytwo

My kind of idiot. How many of you would have to admit the same? You've NEVER done that kind of stuff?

23. Bluedot

Bluedot

X3. There's a time and a place, and in a shop ain't it. Have I ever done a burnout or two? Sure. Indoors, or even outdoors that close to stuff? Hell no. I may be stupid, but I'm not that stupid.

That said, if it really is his shop and his stuff, then it's his biz. But ya can have fun and still be safe. There's a time and a place...

24. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

You gotta be kiddin' right? The video was done tongue in cheek, very slick, very cool. Great car, some theatrics, throw in some attitude and excitement....cool video. I think the purist remarks about the independent suspension is uncalled for. It's his car.....his statement, and everyone is entitled to float his own boat. Here's my hot rod from back in the day.......man was my dad pissed when he got home.......

Attached Files:

25. OldColt

OldColt

Should have carried the disclaimer "Don't try this at home" lol

--- Steve ---

26. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Thats going to leave a mark!

27. christopher 78

christopher 78

Posers!!!!!!!!