Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Milwaukee, Wis --- Quaker Steak & Lube --- this Thursday June 27 at 6PM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30dodgeboy, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Most "car-type" guys in the Milwaukee area know about the Quaker Steak and Lube car show / cruise-in in New Berlin most Thursday evenings... muscle cars, street machines, hot rods, etc all show up... but this week's show will be different.

The guys from Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio asked the Meltdown Drags Association to bring out a few of their hot rods and race cars to the June 27 show... so the MDA crew is going to invade. This will be the biggest gathering of HAMB worthy cars that show has had yet. If you are local (or even barely local) there will be some real vintage iron there that is worth coming out to see. Bring your cameras because this may happen again, but not until its 2014...

Not sure what the Meltdown Drags is all about? Come out and see for yourself.

Here is a link to the QS&L website and their directions/map:
    http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/New_Berlin_WI/

And the Meltdown Drags this July at Byron Dragway:
    www.meltdowndrags.com

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  2. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

3. Hot damn....that's in my back yard.....

Bttt for us Milwaukee boys

4. im going to try to leave work a little early. save some room for the blown chrysler.

5. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

6. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

What is a good time to show up if your bringing a car?

7. Their show officially starts at 5:30PM.

I have seen the lot from I-43 and how it is already filling up at 4PM on other Thursdays...

8. Guys, if you can... try to get out of work early... I have a feeling the lot will fill up quick.

9. shotrod

shotrod

I might just go! The wings are awesome

10. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

wee ll be there

11. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Racer-X......YES....we have been waiting for you to join the fun!!!

There will be a few coupe's, and a sedan at the MD for close match races...hint hint :)

12. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

RACE CAR GUYS....there is a Park & Ride just south of the Quaker Steak & Lube....like right next to it.

Now as long as everyone in the world does not carpool Thur there should be room to park rigs and trailers.....

13. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

14. I have been there before. I drive the car to work then after work drive to the show. Its fun driving up a twelve story parking structure and setting off every car alarm. No trailer needed.

15. I worked late today so I can take off early tomorrow :D

16. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Right on bro..........ready to rock!

17. Mine will have to be trailered this time was hoping to drive it but ran out of time and its still not done had a few snags still have not even drove it.

18. Can't wait to see that thing in person!

19. Quaker is just about a mile from where I work in N.B., I will check it out in appreciation of all the effort you guys are bringing to the show.

20. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Sounds like a bitchin time. Will try and make it out to support you guys

21. Aint going to make it tonight. We got slammed with some emergency cases and some flight for life cases. Unfortunately hospitals are not 9-5.

22. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Hope all went well, too bad you couldn't make it.