Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Empire Nostalgia Gold Cup / Gasser Racing / Largest Assembly of Nostalgia Gassers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carshopowner, Jul 22, 2012.

1. carshopowner

carshopowner

Gasser Racing Series By-Laws Meeting Notice
    Drivers Meeting Immediately Following

WHEN: Saturday, March 17<SUP>th</SUP><SUP> </SUP>1pm

WHERE: Days Inn &#8211;200 Oak St. Batavia, 14020

The Gasser Racing Series will be having a by-laws meeting so members in good standing can vote on the by-laws. We will go over the by-laws and have a vote, immediately followed by a Drivers Meeting to discuss race dates and changes to the rules.

Please try to attend. Only members in attendance may vote.
    If you know a racer who does not get email, please give them a call and let them know!
    Also, the facility will be opening their restaurant and bar so our members may get some lunch.

2. Meeting is tomorrow Sunday the 17th @ 1:00pm

3. carshopowner

carshopowner

I will be there

4. I'll be there!

5. you better get moving then, thinking about eating there ????

6. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

How many gassers faithful are planning to run the Gasser Racing Series event May 18th at Empire Dragway? Lets here from you if your going. We plan to be there with the Lil' Brute Opel for some Modified Gas class fun.:D:)

7. I will be there, without the J, but will be there. I know a ton of people have been waiting on opening day for the Gasser Racing Series, so it should be a great turnout !

8. Weather looks like shit!-MIKE:(

9. ardyboy

ardyboy

we should be ready

10. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

anyone else? Looks like the weather may be good and warmer by the weekend.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  11. carshopowner

carshopowner

Long range weather says Saturday is 71 mostly cloudy 20% chance of rain

Attached Files:

12. BTT first race of the season tomorrow !

13. The first race of the season is in the books and it was a great time. Great to see all the guys and girls and see who stepped up over the winter. A few knocked a 1/2 second off their times while others damn near a full second, uploading some pictures now and will post later.

14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John the poor guy, got startled by an altered going to fast on the return road and dumped his mini-bike cracking his head open and getting it stapled shut

[​IMG]

15. This guy is pushing near 600 cubes this year

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Todd was hoisting the hoops near 3 ft off the ground on each pass this year, I was early on the photo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the nostalgia gas winner Norm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Did the Z bros bring the Anglia out to run?

17. carshopowner

carshopowner

Sure wish there was a center steer class. An FED against a Nova just does not look right.

I would encourage Gassers to take a look at this forum
    http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php

which has a category dedicated to Gassers
    http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php?board=11.0

I have all the Gasser Series Races entered on the calendar.

I am starting to get a handle on the new blower, but it is a moving mark as it is new and still being broken in. I had two runs the the shifts launches and air were almost identical, but the ET was different by .030 This cost me my second round of eliminations (I treed him but my dial in was off) He dialed a 6.22 and ran 6.221 he won by .0197 seconds

I'm tuning to an 8.50 index in the quarter, at 5.447 in the 1/8 should give me the 8.500 in the 1/4, having a hard time to slow it down to that. Started with a 70 pil and an now at a 90 (took away a lot of fuel, top pulley started at a 54 tooth and now am at a 60 (took away a lot of air).

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  18. Mike told me he's waiting for the transmission to be finished.

19. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

We had a great time at Empire with the Gasser Racing Series group. Went Out Friday night to test the Opel since we hadn't raced this year. We ended up getting 4 runs in. Saturday the weather was great and the GRS folks put on a great lunch as always. We made 3 time trial runs but got eliminated on a .497 red light in the first round. Although we ran right on or dial in and the other lane broke out, we gave it away at the line. Hoping to make the next event and go more rounds if we are lucky.
    Does anyone know who the class winners were?

20. Nostalgia Gas class winner was Norm Oleksiak in the blue 54' Pontiac over Roger Stiener's 55' Chevy. Didn't catch the Mod Gas winner.

21. Tough to see you run that .24 on .24 with the red bulb on, couple guys lost running right on there numbers. The field is tough with some really dialed in drivers and cars, good to see you and the Canadians too.

22. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Thanks Phil,
    Yes the competition is very tough. We found that the car is very consistant, but my Dad is sharpening his skills. We had a few red lights in practice and also cut some .50 lights. It is not easy winning rounds when the guy next to you knows his or her car so good that they are always on thier number.
    It was great seeing you again and it was the first I have seen your roadster. Very kooool indeed. I especially like the finish of the rolled on paint job and your quick change shifter cover. Those little touches make the car.

23. Racing this Saturday, come out and enjoy yourself !

24. Nice two page spread of your car in Gasser Wars Magazine Art !

25. Yea, I was really happy with the way they did it.

26. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

I agree,great article on your coupe and pictures were cool. It's come along way. very nice.
    We won't be there with the Lil' Brute Opel this weekend. Unfortuneatly work has gotten in the way. It's the busy time for my sign business. See you all next event. Good luck to everyone and be safe.
    Bob

27. carshopowner

carshopowner

The Gasser Racing Series in upstate NY had one of its members, Joe (Skip) Reap, seriously injured in a racing incident at Empire Dragway on 6/22/13. Skip is in stable but critical condition at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester NY. His GRS Family is soliciting help for his medical expenses. He is expected to undergo multiple surgeries and remain hospitalized for months. Also, Skips Wife, Bev is traveling 2 hours every other day to the Hospital and staying at a Hotel every other night. The Hotel is being offered at a reduced rate to family of patients in the Trauma Unit, however, it adds up quickly. Skip will not be able to be moved to a Hospital closer to his home for quite some time. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated by his family and the his Gasser Racing Series Family.

Donations can be sent directly to:

Joe Reap
    C/O Gasser Racing Series
    PO Box 95
    Niagara Falls, NY 14304

28. Racing tomorrow 8/3/13, be there are just wish you were