Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check out my Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JoeyP., Jun 26, 2013.

1. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

I traded for this 1964 Fairlane awhile back and when I did it looked like this first picture. Yeah it is a 4 door but who cares, it is a fun daily driver, and it is one of the cleanest cars I have owned. Originally from Tennessee, it's pretty much all original which is pretty cool. All original paint except for an early touch up on the bottom half of the two passenger side doors. Original 289 A/C car. This is a fun budget car, so far I have lowered it 2.5" for nothing, painted the wheels with leftover paint from another job, added front disc brakes, spider caps, trim rings, a bunch of typical suspension parts, and of course a little elbow grease to get the surface rust off. A lot of people seem to think I need to paint this car, but I already have my nice shiny painted cars. I just ask them, " how can you cover up 50 year old original paint" :D Also if anyone has any input, this car has original 260 fender badges on it, but I ran all the numbers and it is an original C code 2 barrel 289 car. Someone said that back in the day if Ford ran out of different badges that day they would just slap on a different one to fill the holes. More plans to come are maybe flaking the roof, a little pinstriping, and dual exhuast. Also, yes I do have the trim for the rear quarter panel, I just need to get some of the clips and put it back on. Anyway here are some crappy cell phone pictures you may enjoy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course I have to show my support!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Cool little ride. Like the blue steel rims with the white. Will the flake top match the wheel color?
    Seems like the budget build four doors can be more fun than high dollar cars. I never worry about using, driving or parking mine and i still get head turns, thumbs up and "nice car" comments.
    Enjoy your car, very nice.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - looks good - famous line from a famous movie "we don't need no stinking badges"

4. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

Have some fun with that one!My first car was a 63 mordor...Had a lot of good times with that car!260 three on the tree...

5. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

Thanks for the comments guys, yeah I would like the roof flake at least close to the same color as the wheels, I think it would look cool. And yes there is something way more fun about cars like this, I have done the show car stuff and it is too nerve racking, this is less stressfull.

6. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat car. Keep having fun with it.

7. That cleaned up nice, is that black car in the background a Fairlane too?

8. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

You mean this car? Yeah it is, but it's a 67. We are just a Fairlane family i guess.
    [​IMG]