Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 338ci Y-Block Wrapped Up in '30 Model A Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Oregon Camshaft isn't real heavy on the web but if you call them they could hook you up. I don't necessarily recommend this cam for the street, although it was a step down from what was in the motor from when it was in the dragster, I am running 4.11s and a 2500 stall converter and still have an idea that it may be changed after I run it for a while. For now though I think it will be fun. ;)

Oregon Cams site. http://www.oregoncamshaft.com/ If you call them tell them who sent you. :)

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Have you considered a set of adapters to put wide fives on the rear as well? Just a thought. Looking and sounding great!

3. 1.54:1 factory rockers. It would still be a nasty cam with the 1.43:1 rockers, lift would be .470".

4. Actually the idea is a hub cap adaptor and run the small '32 style cap with the "V8" logo. It would be a pretty close match front to rear.

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I was just thinking that if you ever needed a spare you would only need one bolt pattern.

6. where am I gonna carry a spare? lol :p

7. Really sounds great Timmer like all your work!!! Congrats.........

8. daddio211

daddio211

What a great end to my weekend! Spent Friday through a few hours ago at the wife's family cabin and came home to the video on Facebook. Thanks brother!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Wish I had a cabin to stay in, just had to stay home and play with cars. Next weekend Kathy and I head for the mountains for our Anniversary. :D

10. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

nice video Tim. She sounds wicked

11. Dig it! Sooooo, Eagle Field in October?

12. I must say, I was thinking of installing a receiver for a hitch. Is that traditional? :rolleyes:

13. x10

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yeah, I can see that, daily drivers would be stopping at the gas station every other day, never mind the motor loading up in slow traffic. On the other hand it'd be a good cam for a street/strip car methinks. Love them Y-blocks!

15. Even if it's not, pretty sure you'll get a pass. Still time to paint Elwood green!

16. I think if you were to bless everyone with some gratuitous burnout footage....it could be overlooked ;)

17. daddio211

daddio211

Oh believe me, I'd rather play in the garage than sit in a cabin, but it was great family time. Next weekend is mine and Victoria's anniversary too, so HAPPY ANNIVERSARIES ALL AROUND!

18. Kathy and I spent our Honey Moon up the road from you at Brian Head, Remember watching a sail plane competition in Parowan. :D

19. That is coming, just need to have some way to steer it. :rolleyes::D

20. Channellocks.................

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Nah, steering is overrated.:rolleyes::D

22. Now guys, you wouldn't want me to be irresponsible and dangerous while doing a smokey burnout would you? :rolleyes:

Got some new photos today, looking good. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Stringline?:eek:

24. Guide coat means progress!

25. Yep! But I'd like to see paint. :D

26. In due time grasshopper, the paint guy needs to erase his fingerprints blocking it down first!

27. Damn thats gonna look good...........

28. Ohhhhh yeah....that may be kinda important ;)

29. It's during this process that Marty will probably give you a big hug, and thank you for not filling the roof.

I've never met anyone who loves to block out primer.

This is really gonna be a stand-out in your fleet, Tim!

30. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Just transitioned from the uni thread to this ... just as interesting & had me on the edge of the chair the last hour. Neat O ....