Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bouncy Front End

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobbyV53, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcs64

jcs64

Dont overlook air pressure either. If your over inflated they will bounce like crazy.
    3o lbs in the bias' on my A p/u and I could barely keep it on the road. Im now at 18 lbs and all is good.

jeff

2. slosteve

slosteve

At the advice of a pro I bagged my '56 F-100 with Camaro front susp using 4 ply Contitech bags and no shocks. It rode good except on major dips at speed where it would bottom out. I finally put shocks on it after 2 years to relieve that problem. But never experienced what you are having and don't think it's because of no shocks since it just started. I'm sure the shock install will help but it's still band-aiding another problem, probably with your tires/pressure.
    Nice shock brackets BTW.

Steve

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  3. BobbyV53

BobbyV53

Thank you sir that's exactly how ive been running it... I do have to check the tire pressure though that sounds more or less the issue.

4. BobbyV53

BobbyV53

I shall post pics of the front shocks mounted and see if there is any problem with the way I set them up

5. 51chingon

51chingon
    from union city

"Palm Slap", Dummy" Welcome to the HAMB BOB, The land of Computer Gangster and Shit talkers,
    Don't trip, these guys are easy to spot at the Local shows, or Cruise Nites, There the one's who showed up in there Honda's.

10years Strong, LS 4ever, "915" DODGETOWN, CMON look us up, It's not 2 hard

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

What a fucking joke. Ladies and gentleman, the latest shit-talking fng..

8. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Good you're putting shocks on it. I think you should also re-balance your tires.

9. Think I'm talkin' shit?

Think you know who I am and what I stand for?

Guarantee your first impression is dead wrong. I stand by what I stated, and "Dummy" was being kind to your friend. Very kind.

10. Deuces

Deuces

How big was her rack?????....

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

:confused: LMFAO

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Aaahhhh!
    Your gonna do well here I can tell...

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This has been an entertaining thread, and in reality totally un-necessary.

Point in case, did your truck originally come with front shocks ? Did the donor car the clip came from run shocks on the front ?

Putting shocks on the front should have been a no brainer for any car guy with any smarts at all and we could have avoided all the fun :D

14. brad chevy

brad chevy

Lets see,one FNG running his mouth about the Hamb,another one that doesn't even know what a shock even does,its getting crazier everyday.

15. i was reading the thread trying to further my knowledge on shock placement...

then it turned to all this :confused:

WTF??:confused::rolleyes:

16. Aw man that's sad for you. You might try to do a search for other topics where the OP was a bit more serious about a proper answer.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Shut the Fuck UP, fool.

18. FNG, you are clueless. There are some seriously knowledgeable people posted on this thread. Instead of running your mouth you need to have some respect until you learn what the hell is going on. Maybe this place isn't for you.

19. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

There ya go buddy. I'd hate for you to look foolish. :D

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Waltz right in, and insult one the best chassis and suspension builders that this country has to offer. I build chassis and suspension systems for a living, certified, degreed, and everything. When I get stuck, have doubts, or questions, just who do you think I ask?

There are plenty of people in this world, and on this board, whos words you can and should ignore, with little or no regard. ElP is NOT one of those people. Ignorng his advice could have very unfortunate results for you, and anyone driving with, or near you.

21. badshifter

badshifter

It's always amazing that the new generation of "builders" can just decide to discard a major suspension component, and then argue with the engineering logic of, "it used to work".

22. I bet it only started to bounce with the new parts that freed up the front end and man this thread has been a real hoot,no subsitute for experiance. JW :)

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

YUP!

Double Yup!!! Right back to the "Damn, I just don't like mini trucks" thing...

24. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

wow !!!

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I'm amazed this thread is still alive.

26. 327Eric

327Eric

I had a 69 Skylark with the same issue, and a gf with a set of 42 DD's. Never saw a need to fix it at the time.

27. Keep

Keep

We are awaiting the results of the shock install. And the removal of ones head from ones ass by a couple of other posters.

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I agree.it's simply shocking.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.