Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identify year of small block ford motor ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luapsed, Apr 11, 2013.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Right....and nobody can count the missing bolt at the top of your bell housing when there's a car sitting on top of it....;)
    There are a ton of reproduction parts available such as 289 valve covers in painted or chrome HiPo style,HiPo open element breathers,period correct decal kits,etc.One of the newer 5.0 motors can be very convincingly disguised as a much earlier motor.Powermaster even makes an alternator that looks like a generator if you want to get really crafty.
    I'll trade you some 289 covers for those Powered by Ford covers if you want..?
    And if you did want to swap to a manual trans,there were some Ford trucks (and cars?) through the '70's that came with a Toploader 4-speed that had an overdrive fourth gear....I had one a while back and they are tough and near untreatable with a mild 302,but they still pull you down the highway without buzzing the engine at 5000rpm for an hour straight.And they're cheap.Did I mention they're cheap?

2. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

I have a good 1966 289 the is very re-buildable.
    $200 and it is yours - block, heads, and intake all together. Water pump went out and front cover is off. Came out of the black 66 Galaxie sedan in my photo section.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Larry

3. Until you drop the starter its a mystery to the world.