Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 Chrysler Coupe photochop please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Badfella, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

^^^Exactly.....a simple drop and a set of WWW's gives your '36 an entirely new look, and might attract buyers searching for a mild custom (that is, if you're still thinking about selling it)

2. alsancle

alsancle

I'm surprised you couldn't get 16k for it. If it was a Plymouth or Dodge in that shape it would be gone pretty quick.

I too vote against the white walls and the chop. If you don't love it now, chopping it probably won't make you feel much better. You will be sinking more time and money into something you don't love.

I think a really good ad on a certain auction site with lots of photos should get it sold.

3. Badfella

Badfella

Yeah, I'm leaning against the chop now. This is a rust and bondo free car not a shit box and even I don't have the heart to do it! I really appreciate the renderings people did. I'm still planning on tires if she doesn't sell soon though. The crappy part is that it will be around a grand for what I want which will result in me needing more out of the car. That's the toughest decision at the moment.

4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

How about an altitude adjustment, wide whites, maybe some accessories, and no chop? Those old Mopars look pretty sexy in stock form and sitting on the ground.

Attached Files:

5. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

Man i understand your dilemma, i wanted to chop mine but it was too straight a car. Sold it in the end and will find another 36 D2 that's a bit rougher. Tires and interior and sell it for more. Still cant understand why old mopars don't sell???

6. OLLIN

OLLIN

Oooooooooohhhhhhhh.

Damn man. You should keep it if you can. Chop it later down the road!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. How about a tail dragger, keep the skirts and add a LaSalle grille.

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Don't go radical till you change the wheels out and drop it. Keep the chopping part on the back burner. You may get a buyer with the small changes first. I don't see that being a super easy chop, and not sure it adds as much to the car as it could lose if it gets screwed up. Good luck either way.

9. Badfella

Badfella

Thanks Motoandy, solid advice

10. alsancle

alsancle

Don't put the whites on unless you want them and you are keeping the car. Half the guys love them and half hate them. The extra 1k won't make it easier to sell.

11. That is a damn nice looking car. Do what you want. Ignore the rest.

12. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I vote not to chop. Add some hp. The lowering looks nice too. Very nice lines on your car.

13. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

Another vote not to chop. How's the engine? Those Moper flatheads respond well to decking, milling the head, split manifolds and dual carbs.

Make it a late 50s, early 60s sleeper is my vote

14. Badfella

Badfella

Actually the car has plenty of power. It really surprised me. Decisions, decisions...

15. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

Hell just put a couple of the photo shopped pictures in the add and tell them this is what they could do to it. That could attract attention.

16. SUADES40

SUADES40
    from TRACY CA

chop it holmes. put another badass chopped kustom out there.

17. Weasel

Weasel

There is so much can be done with these thirties Mopars to make a really cool period style piece. An online visit to Edgy Speed Shop for Mopar flathead 6 speed parts might be worthwhile....

www.edgyspeedshop.com

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  18. cmarcus

cmarcus

Pull the skirts, NO chop, white walls and lowered. It'd be a whole different car!

[​IMG]
    chrysler by cmarcus712, on Flickr

19. Badfella

Badfella

Wow that looks pretty cool!

20. cmarcus

cmarcus

I thought the same thing! Pretty sweet looking!

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

If it was my car, I would chop it for sure. I would do so by moving the roof forward in the back and slanting the b pillar to give the deck some length to balance with the front. And the fenders are a small in proportion, I'd probably graft Ford fenders in. This is why customs are fun.

22. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Im with Dreddybear chop it my father in law and I are getting ready to chop my 4dr Buick Special i do believe we are chopping it 3 inches so I would definetly chop it great looking car

23. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

[​IMG]

just laid the back of the roof down a bit.

24. Badfella

Badfella

WOW!! Folks, we have the winning photo:) That looks amazing!

25. Rikster

Rikster

I would prefer to see it chopped, but with the stock height top, good size white wall tires, some great hubcaps skirts and a perfect stance it would look killer as well.

But what ever you do do not drop it on the floor. The laying frame "stance" is looking so lame and so out of style these days.
    A car with this kind of class needs a real stance. Look at the custom car cars from the 1940's and you see how great they look. Lowered all around with a level a stance or slightly dropped more in the back will give this one the perfect looks.

26. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

x40000

All this car needs is some wide whitewall bias plies, dual Appleton 112s (the real ones!) and to be lowered until the rear is slightly lower than the front. The front looks good where it is, maybe just an inch or two lower? Lyons sombrero hubcaps would be the cherry on top.

Think mid 1940s, classy, mild boulevard cruiser... not "2009 'brokenlow' kustomzzzz"

I saw this car in the classifieds and wanted it BAD. If I wasn't balls deep in another project I would have gotten it in a heart beat.

I wish I could photoshop to show how good this thing would look as a traditional mid 40s mild custom...

27. Badfella

Badfella

I'm on the same page guys. The front is good enough for me, thinking 3" blocks out back amd calling it a day. If someone else buys it lord only knows though! Haha;)

28. snelson57

snelson57

Hard to go wrong with Riksters advice. That car is stunning and would be more so as a period custom.