Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UPDATED my 1959 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Feb 24, 2013.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like the picture disappeared... it is the two toned Blue 32 3 window, in the picture the fenders, hood and grille are removed

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Yeah, blue 32 at Bob and Brenda's. I think they are still out of town though.

3. A Rodder

A Rodder

His name is Clyde Pyle / Pile.
    He is out of Roseburg area. We've talked a few times regarding my A's.
    He did buy it out of CA. Not a terribly long time ago.

4. Today was the last day of my junior year so progress should pick up soon. I got a job lined up and will also be getting birthday money this weekend. I turn 17 on the 17th!

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Happy birthday a little early Jon! Its good to see that you finally got to drive the truck a bit after all your hard work. How many other guys in your senior class this fall will be driving something as cool as your truck? I bet you could count 'em on one hand and have fingers left. :D

6. a4t1rat

a4t1rat
    from Utah

Nice Work... Looks Great !

7. Well the real updates will be saturday because we are going to work on it all day and trailer it back to my place in the evening...but for my birthday Hailee bought me a set of 'Red Hot' Flowtech glasspacks, later this week she's also getting me wire loom.

Attached Files:

• bday.jpg
      bday.jpg
      File size:
      408.4 KB
      Views:
  8. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

That was nice of Hailee... Happy Birthday! Truck is looking good.

9. Thanks, nice fairlane by the way, I'm helping a buddy get a 63 going. theres a thread on here on it.

thanks!

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That Mopar motor will sound good with those glass packs for sure. When do you think you might get the truck on the road for good?

11. Installed glasspacks, took front clip off and put every bolt in, replaced trans. select shaft seal, drove the piss out of her!
    She's home now, Thank You Keeth!!!!

Attached Files:

12. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

I will look for the thread or maybe have already seen it. Mine is on a slow road right now. Have other late model projects that are being worked before I can tear into it.

13. Yesterday I got my radiator overflow set up to a Crown Royal bottle. And today I got I filed for lost title and it'll be here in a few weeks, and Hailee helped me buy tags.

All thats left is wiring and insurance..currently job hunting.

Attached Files:

14. 4msfam

4msfam

That looks so nice! You must be proud! Great job!
    Marc

15. wired in headlights!

Attached Files:

16. Painted my roof gloss rustoleum white last night..also painted my bed floor black until I get bedliner.

Attached Files:

17. lookin good man!! you wouldn't mind coming down to A.L. and helping me work on my truck would you?:D:D:D anyway, have fun and keep it moving!!

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Didn't you join here when you were like 12? Crazy.

That truck rules dude. Glad you're having fun.

19. LOL, yeah something like that 12 or 13. Thanks!

20. Thanks to Dreddybear for bringing attention to this build,,I have spent the last half hour reading this thread,,congratulations on a job well done. HRP

21. Hard work pays off! Cool ride, I wish I had it for myself.

22. xwing01

xwing01

That's outstanding. I wish I'd followed my passion around 14-15 when I got my first car, but instead i'm working a boring job, trying to find time to work on my ride. You're doing great, keep it up, follow your passion and you'll never work a day in your life... so they say

23. A Rodder

A Rodder

Not only does Jon have good taste for cars, he is polite, considerate, well mannered, and just an all around great kid.

We're proud of you dude

24. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

This is just too cool!! Congrats, man on sticking with this and getting it on the road!! Great looking truck. It's awesome to see a fella your age that has been bitten by the bug! Not too many that are your age out there that have done what you've done. Keep up the good work and just think of all the different builds you will have over the years!

25. n847

n847

Cool truck you got there! Keep up the good work...nice to see you've got some good help and role models out there! Subscribed!

26. -Brent-

-Brent-

Awesome. Keep up the great effort.

27. Great work dude! It pays off when you stick with it. Good follow through, enjoy the ridin'!

28. Great Job!, Man you're ahead of me and I've been working on mine longer than you've been alive! Stay with it, you're doing good.