Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help needed for a 51 f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1twisted1, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 1twisted1

1twisted1

OK H.A.M.B'ERS I needs some help, this should be really easy for you guys. Three weeks ago my neighbor calls me tells me that a friend of his is selling a truck and that i should go and take a look at it. He tells me that he only wants $2500 for it and the it has been in his garage for 25 years.

My neighbor informs me that he will be putting the truck up for sale at a garage sale that he is having over the weekend. I say OK give me the address I'll good take a look. I show up at this guys house (Mark) to find the truck pictured and can't believe that this is the truck.

I get to talking with mark and have to ask "are you in need of money WHY are you selling this truck so cheap" he say it i just doesn't have the knowledge or time to get it back running. This is where i step in and say look if you really what to sell the truck it's worth 5000 to 6000 all day long but i will help you get it running and drivable if you are going to keep it.

His eyes lit up and he say really you would do that for me, i said i have the knowledge, time and connections to get it back on the road, besides that is what hot rodding is all about keeping the vehicles with the people that love them. So Long story longer the motor turns over by hand as of this weekend so we are good to go there.

What i have no idea about is where to find replacement parts for this truck, What we need are things like cap & rotor, water pump rebuild kit if one is available and the usual stuff brake and misc thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  2. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Start with "Hemming, Bob Drake, Speedway Motors, Dick Spadaro and many more" and look up parts suppliers online.

3. kracker36

kracker36

You may not need those parts. I just brought home a 51 with the FH 6 engine. It is in way worse shape than this one. I changed the oil, put in new plugs, filed the points, cleaned the carb, checked the wires, and got it running well pretty easily. Good luck with and props for helping him out.

4. I hate to bag on you, but all of that stuff is listed on RockAuto.com. NAPA has often had what I needed, or it's just a day away.

Cosmo

5. 1twisted1

1twisted1

Not A problem Bag away!! Was just wondering if there was a place that dealt with just old ford trucks. I just answer my own question just remembered about Dennis Carpenter. So abody know of a good place to look for OE parts?

6. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

You are a nice guy. Most would have bought the truck and then resold for an obscene profit.

7. 1twisted1

1twisted1

Why thank-you nxcess.

As Mason I hold myself to very high standards when it come to helping out those in need, what ever that need my be. There are very few good and honest people left in this world. I have found that a good number of them are in the hot rod\ Kustom Car world so i pay it forward as often as i can.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  8. the-rodster

the-rodster

That's a good looking old truck.

Way to go, get her running.

Another good place for parts is www.macsauto.com

They specialize in Ford parts only.

BTW, that is an F1, they didn't use the F100 name until 53.

Rich

9. kegmon

kegmon

Really good of you to help this guy out.. and that is a great looking truck! Looks like someone has done all the hard work already.. I brought a truck like this home after someone let it sit on my uncle's property for a couple years, got an abandoned vehicle title for it and had it running after a couple afternoons of tinkering! Napa had all the parts I needed for it...

10. 1twisted1

1twisted1

I rather see him enjoy it and have first dibbs on it when that time comes.

11. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

A buddy picked up a 52 for the same price. NAPA has all the parts you need.

He did get a new gas tank and sender, and a few other stuff from LMC. It was really good quality to and affordable. I was kinda shocked

12. classic haulers is the best place to find parts for the truck. they have everything. most of the suspension/brake parts can be had at napa as well