Register now to get rid of these ads!

two model A barn/storage unit find REVISED pics added

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41plym, Jun 21, 2013.

1. 41plym

41plym

I answered an ad on craigslist for a 31 coupe and arranged to meet the owner at a storage place. When I arrived he and his brother are there and there are two coupes in the unit. The story is the family sold the farm and each brother got a coupe, one is a 31 stored in the barn since 67 the other a 30 stored in same barn since 64. Neither brother really had any interest in the cars and were tired of paying storage fees so we struck a deal and I bought them both. Both cars are complete and very solid and both engines turn freely. I have already promised the 30 to my buddy Trent and I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the 31 which is the better of the two. I know this thread is worthless with out pictures so I will take some and post them when we pick them up on sunday (I'll be at billet proof on saturday)
    41plym

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    tony starr likes this.
  2. I see you are in Washington State, I can send you the address for my Washington business location and you can simply drop off and never have to worry about what to do with it,lol..
    Good luck with your findings..

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Sounds like a great find. Can't wait to see the pics.

4. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

^^ what he said!!

5. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Some people have all the luck... congratulations..

6. 41plym

41plym

7. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Looks like you scored a couple of really nice A coupes, great find.

8. Damn, I'm jealous. I want another coupe! Nice find.

9. At least these Model A's did'nt end up on an episode of Storage Wars! :cool:

10. F&J

F&J

anybody notice that stuff is coming out all over?..and up for grabs from longtime owners.

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Stuff is coming out all over from long time owners. Last summer I bought a 34 Ford coupe off a fellow who owned it for 38 years. He had never got around to building the coupe, so realized if was finally time to let it go. Must be many more cars out there that have been in storage for decades, just waiting to make an appearance.

12. voodoo1

voodoo1

Right in my own backyard... I'm interested in the '31 if you change your mind. Mike

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

There are a lot of guys that put together some terrific rides in the 50's and 60's that are getting old and dying off. For the most part their heirs could care less about them so a lot of them are going to become available in the next few years. A lot of these were build with mostly NOS parts as a lot of that new stuff was available back then.
    My advice, if your able, is to have a big stash of cash on hand so your ready when one of these jewels surfaces that your interested in. There's always people with money lurking around and I suspect for the most part you'll only have one chance to make a deal and then the word will spread and these will go like a fat kid on a Twinky.

Frank

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

15. 41plym

41plym

This was one of those right place right time deals. I saw the cl listing while I was eating lunch, he had posted it at 11:15 am. I contacted him and made arrangments to see the cars at 4:00 about an hour from my work I stopped at the bank and got $1000.00 cash just in case. By the time we met he had a ton of calls. I think I may have been able to get them a little cheaper (I still got a great deal) but I knew if I didn't grab them quick some one else would. I've missed a couple of good deals trying to talk them down a couple hundred bucks and then kicked myself for being such a tight ass.
    41plym

16. Great score,,finding one nice model A is rare,,finding 2 in one place is unbelievable,,,congratulations! HRP

17. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

18. Some people have all the luck... congrats

keep US updated on the progress if you decide to keep them both ...

19. Wow. What a find! Congrats!