Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint help??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gan716, Jun 23, 2013.

1. gan716

gan716
    from Sapulpa ok

I gotta question about paint?? We finally finished our first build this year and we were lucky enough to make a couple days of the Power Tour this year as well? My question is, I left the paint original white! We just washed it and waxed the heck of it, but by driving it we've gotten lots of knicks in the paint on the front end! I know by driving it, it's gonna happen and I expect it! What do you do about it?? It's original paint, do I repaint?? You always seem to see guys with cars with killer paint and seemingly no knicks and blemishes, so what's the secret?? I'm not looking for perfection by any means! That's why I left it original, but even on our newer cars the the front ends are always knicked up! Just a pet peave, but are there any secrets? Better waxes, paint secrets? What?

2. We need pics.

Also, do an intro out of respect for the rules or the flaming will begin....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I consider every bit of road rash a memory and badge of honor for actually driving my cars. :) If you use them it is going to happen.

I have seen that spray film that they advertise on TV, I think Duplicolor sells it, you spray it on and it protects the finish from stone chips etc. Then I guess it can be peeled off later if you want. Don't know how it works though.

Don

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Don, I was going to mention the film also. I think they have some you can just lay on like a plastic also. Then peel it off when you get home. Lippy

5. Matt Kvamme

Matt Kvamme

Paint protection film... 3M and other companies make it. Clear film you put on the front half of your hood and fenders, or whatever else you want to protect. Usually vehicle wrap places can do it and some detail shops... Vehicles you see with perfect paint and no chips are probably not getting used like they should...