Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Clik

Clik

Maybe you could mount some small auxillary style headlights down low and be legal.

Instead of little ambers and big whites you'd have little whites and big ambers.

2. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

verry kool Phil...

:cool:

3. I had a busy day today in preparation for tomorrows race, I pulled the top half of the induction system apart to pull the gaskets out of the tunnel ram. I used some permatex gasket maker to get rid of the paper gaskets that seem to leak.
    While sitting at a stop light last night I noticed a rolling idle, which usually indicates a vacuum leak and also a higher idle than normal. The area looked damp at the end of the season so all good reasons to pull it apart.
    I finally got everything ready at 9:30 pm which is a little late for my neighbors to fire up an open header car. So I will give them 12 hrs to sleep before I fire it up and load tomorrow...lol I'm a little excited to race this booger !

4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Phil. Good luck today. Be interesting to see what the gain will be with the new converter and gears . Hopefully you'll have somebody there today taking a video for all of us to see. Try not to stand it up on the rear bumper. :D

5. Car is looking very cool! Looking forward to an after race update.

6. Well it was sweltering hot, like a damn sauna, everyone was slower. The runner up from the last race had a 7.02 then and could only muster 7.30 this one.
    My first burnout with new gears was easy peasy now,didn't take much to set them up in smoke, was about 1500 rpm on the line and it gave me a 1.52 60 ft with a 7.28 w/.533 reaction. The 1.52 equaled my best 60 ft so that was cool.
    2nd pass I go in about 2300 rpm, pulls the wheels good and gives me the second wheelie bounce, hell yeah ! It has a 1.53 60 ft, runs a 7.31 with a .504 reaction time.
    1st round I earn the bye run for the .504 light, air temp cools down, 2000 rpm on line 1.52 60ft and runs a 7.16, with a .518 reaction time.
    2nd round 2000 rpm, 1.51 (best ever) 60 ft, I short shift second to third gear change and run a 7.18 on my 7.16 dial but got a .498 red light.
    So I will have to say the car is faster, pulls better wheelies so life is good !

p.s. a little flying nun action with my lower front fenders not latched down, I zip tied it closed for the rest of the night after the first pass...lol

7. daliant

daliant

Your definitely pulling the front end up a little higher than last year. The new paint scheme looks good. Any news on the driver of the 33 willys? the car looked pretty fucked up, both ends were wadded up pretty good.

8. mt94ss

mt94ss

Right on! We need someone to video you for all who can't be there. Love to see those wheelies!

Great job!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Philip trial 1<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SD_qDQ0_pY&feature=youtu.be <o:p></o:p>

11. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for all the posts, having trouble copying links to youtube, copy and past of url should work.

15. Thanks Doug for posting the videos, here's a picture I found on facebook's North American Rodders site

Attached Files:

16. Davyj

Davyj

Glad the first outing went well. That car looks fantastic, can't wait to see it at the Gold cup meet at Empire........

17. alumslot

alumslot

Great picture wheels up Henry J against a Willys can't get much better.

Jim

18. You looked good out there Philip. The car is coming around.

19. Thanks Art, just wish I hadn't red lighted against you...lol One day I will win over you...ha ha ha

20. 1arock

1arock

I just love it when a plan comes together. Good job man.

21. Well, you were pulling on me. Waiting for a price on a tranny rebuild from Abruzzi. That should take care of THAT! HAHA!

22. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Phil,
    You pulled the same red light deal we did with the Opel on the last event. A .498 light? That's so close, you can't even begin to blink that quick. Sorry that happened. The car looked awesome from the pic's. I bet the "j" got alot of attention at the track. See you in July.
    Bob

23. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Glad you are having fun with the HJ. I once had a .500 red light and asked the track owner how that could be possible and he said it was probably a .4999, rounded up to .500. :(

24. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. A couple updates, I found a set of M/T ET streets (30 X 12.5) that only had one burnout on them. The kicker, only paid hundred bucks and they came with new chrome steel wheels and regular tubes. I love deals like that !
    I put them on those 15 X 10 aluminum slots I got off here and had a couple members pickup and relay for me, thanks again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided to shave some of the collector length off and weld on some three bolt flanges. I did this so I could bolt on those turnouts I had scored at a swap meet for 10 bucks. I trimmed the same length as the turnout so hopefully it doesn't change the torque line of the engine.

[​IMG]

Hello my "mummy", hello my baby, hello my darling whoaaa ! I decided to wrap them while I had them off, maybe a little cooler on the toe boards....lol still need to get the right bolts for those turnouts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. You know I like the wrap, you will too! Looks good........

27. Thanks for the link to it in your thread, I never used any of it before and it's some itchy stuff. I was only going to do the top of the tubes but the bands wouldn't wrap around the junction of all four tubes. I think it will look fine and cool better anyway.

28. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

That looks Good... Nice work... Cool J...

29. Thanks, nothing like sitting on the deck drinking beer and wrapping headers at 11 O'clock at night. It was like a zin thing....almost, till I had to fetch another beer.

30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

those tires look slick!!! get it?