Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southern Alberta flooding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PKap, Jun 23, 2013.

1. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I can't believe the devistation around Calgary. I know there are a bunch of Hambers there. You guys ok?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

We weren't evacuated thankfully, over 100,000 other people were not so lucky though. Hoping everyone in Calgary and surrounding effected areas are doing o.k.

3. Blessedly I'm in the North but I have friends down south , took awhile to get in touch

4. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Having water up to row 13 in the stadium is unbelievable, lots of guys from here have gone down to help. Fortunately not as many fatalities as it could have been. Lots of people losing everything though, and not covered by insurance.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

There are many, many people who have lost everything, many houses still under 10 ft of water, the entire downtown core is shut down and remains unaccessable until at least mid week, pretty weird to see no skyline lights on the downtown buildings at night. The army is down there helping and have been locating to different communities to help.

6. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

My community is not affected by the river, but my sump pump is working away at the ground water seepage though. Our basement flooded in the June '05 flood so I know kinda what people are going though right now. I pray for those with losses.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've been watching this on the news. You guys stay safe up there.

8. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Thoughts with you folks. It is tough to deal with, there is not a whole lot you can do but sit and watch. Stay safe and I hope for the best for everyone affected by the flooding.

9. My thoughts are certainly on all the people affected by this. Hope all our HAMD brothers and sisters are ok.

10. Tedders

Tedders

Stay safe! NB is thinking of you

11. El Gordo

El Gordo

12. The really sad part is no one in Canada can get over ground flood coverage on their insurance so other than disaster relief from the gov't every body is on their own for clean up and recovery.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Power was out for a while, but at least we didn't get evacuated like so many others did.

Albertans are a tough bunch. The 101st Calgary Stampede is due to start in about 12 days, Hell or high water.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. signal_11

signal_11

We were evacuated, but came home to a dry home. We were fortunate - another couple we were evacuated with lost everything.

15. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Im in Bowness in Calgary.. 1 block from Bowness Park.. we managed to stay dry .a Manditory Evac.. . I feel really bad for the Folks that lost there Homes to the east of us.... .. To the Folks south of us in High River that invite us every year to join there Show n Shines.. What a loss down there.. the Town looks like a total write off... Stay strong High River.. were thinking of you all down there..