Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tom Meers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcbay, Jun 20, 2013.

1. mcbay

mcbay

Today my buddy and next door neighbor Tom Meers died in his home. He was the only true hot rodder I ever knew. He chronicled his friends in the Rodders Journal Scrapbook, but it was really a tribute to him as a true gentleman and faithful friend. We will miss you "Pal"

Attached Files:

2. Thoughts & prayers to the family. RIP Tom..

3. jeta12

jeta12

Sorry to hear this.his family will be in our prayers....Eric

4. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Condolences to family and friends.

Rest in Peace Tom.

5. gods speed say hi to Grampy and Ronnie sox.

6. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

Godspeed...

7. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I first met Tom at JalopyRama about five years ago where he displayed his Deuce roadster. The Next year he went to the L.A. Roadster with us, a true gentleman...RIP

8. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Tom was, as both Jack & Fred have said, a true gentleman and will surely be missed by everyone he touched. I met Tom in 2007 and we were fortunate to have his cool roadster in the Jalopyrama in 2008. He continued to participate in his hobby as long as he could. Rest in Peace Tom.
    J'Mike

9. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Tom was a great guy. We did a winter garage tour of hot rodders on the eastern shore of Maryland two years ago and Tom graciously allowed a group of about 15 of us to visit. Lots of good stories were told over lunch. We shared a love of '32 3w coupes, which Tom had during high school. This is a very sad day.

10. Curt Six

Curt Six

Jay sent me an email this morning with "Sad news - Tom Meers" in the subject line. I hate getting emails like that. There's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said here, but I just wanted to express my condolences to his pals and family. I was fortunate to meet Tom while we were working on the Scrapbook, and we spoke a few times since. A genuinely nice guy with a wealth of knowledge and great stories. I enjoyed every conversation we had, and I'm sad we won't have the chance to talk again.
    Curt

11. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Sorry to hear of this---prayers to the family and friends.

12. CHOP36

CHOP36

I first time I saw Tom was over 40 years ago when I had my 1932 Chevy. When I told Him I was in the Philadelphia Modifiers It was like we were friends forever. He was and will always be one of the Goodguys !.When he got His 32 roadster He was working on it at Steve Swigers shop here Langhorne I saw Him all the time.His work was unbelievable.He took a early T-bird steering box machined it down to fit in the 32 with the Pontiac motor.When it was done it looked like a early Mustang box I had in My 36.I told him why waste Your time ? He said this was the way I He always did it and wasn't going to change now.I told Him if the 32 was mine I would have a Chevy in it and be done already.The last time I saw Him was at Our race at Atco when He told me He just put a new frame under His ranger pu in His driveway.He will be missed.Marwyn