Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Local Traditional Hot Rod Cruise In's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RGG, Jun 22, 2013.

1. RGG

RGG

Went to my local Saturday night cruise in and it seemed like I had the only traditional hot rod. I was surrounded by Camaro's, Mustang's, new Corvette's, and a ocean of street rods. Not to be a traditional snob, but you would think that in the greater Atlanta area there would be at least one Saturday night cruise in that catered to the true traditional hot rods. Is this only a problem in my area?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Nope, pretty common, but enjoy that the older rods receive much more appreciation. More than the line of bellybutton muscle cars.

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Everything old, was once new...

4. sounds like it did around here last year we used to have a row or more of new vettes all parked together and the owners all sitting in a circle in the vette clothes on their vette lawn chairs and NO one looking at their cars but luckly they seemed to have gotten the message and don't show up the way they did now just got to get the message to the new challenger and mustang goofs

don't get me wrong I love musclecars and ill look at anything cool older then 75 but its all can do ( when some yo-yo in a 2 or 3 year old car pulls in and power parks like he has something someone wants to see) to keep from walking over to them and telling them where they can park their shitbox

although their is a new club here called the REDNECK vette owners club all the memberS own2000 or newer vettes yes that's the name of their club

5. RGG

RGG

I agree completely! It's not that I don't enjoy cars of all types, it's just that I would love to have at least one Saturday night show a month that was dedicated to the traditional scene. Hell, I wish we just had one show a year near me...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. i agree, same way here in cartersville. i drive my truck everywhere, to bowling green and back last week, to austin back in april. never see anyone out and about in there ol cars and there are a lot in this area

7. Why not start one,there are a ton of traditional hot rods around the Atlanta area.,,,get in touch with some of the Sock Fokkers and find out where they congregate.

On second thought,,guys that drive and build traditional cars don't promote or host cruise ins,,but if they did I'm sure the late models would show up.HRP