Register now to get rid of these ads!

Going racing 64 K code Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bmbgarage, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bmbgarage

bmbgarage

I also wanted to pass along the first four dates for the southern nostalgia super stock racing association. The dates are as follows:
    1) Mobile Dragway, Mobile, Al. on 3/31/12
    2) Battlefield Raceway, Meridian, Ms. 4/28/12
    3) Leakesville Raceway, Leakesville, Ms. 5/12/12
    4) Cottonwood Raceway, Cottonwood, Al. 6/16/12

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very cool project... love those cars!

Malcolm

3. HQMorris

HQMorris
    from Delaware

Very nice Fairlane... Can't wait to see more of it in each stage of completion... Now.. about those hemi's I saw lined up in your engine pic... :)

4. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

Sweet car. I like what you are doing with it.

5. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Hell with those hemi's its the 289 that turns me on ! the right guy can make those scream ! dam good looking car. heres 1 of ours.

Attached Files:

6. bmbgarage

bmbgarage

Progress has been slow as I have had some work on other projects to do. I have gotten the motor mostly together except for the intake and push rods. I should have the intake porting done soon and on the motor. I have all the suspension painted, rebuilt, and back together and now it is a roller again along with a new set of Hurst tires.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Really nice looking car. Everything looks super clean and it brings back memories of watching Tasca Ford in the mid 60's when they were the car to beat.

I have one other question after looking at the shots of your shop what type of glossy finish is that on the floors?

I have always stained my floors that exact same color but they are not glossy like yours.

The reason I stain them is because every year or so I just apply a nice fresh coat of stain and they look brand new all over again.

Thanks Jimbo

8. bmbgarage

bmbgarage

9. jpnewlin

jpnewlin

Looks perfect. Great work!

10. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

I know it's been a year, but I wanted to see how this one turned out? How's it running? Beautiful car!

11. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

Nice car, and nice shop. That looks like a healthy little engine.

12. Well i'm a bit late to the party But i love K code Fairlanes as well, and like to hear about them, I have a 64 K code that is in line to get a full resto. and here are some pictures of my little 63 K code I restored back in 96 then sold, Doh should-a keep that one! The car was original paint when I got it and only had a little rust, so repaired that that sprayed single stage oxford white, to keep it original looking, the new owner put on that air cleaner, My brother did the seat covers from scratch no kit was available back in 95 his a really good upholstery guy. i miss it! But I have the red 64 to do someday.

Attached Files: