Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 Things I've Learned About Chip Foose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 18, 2013.

1. repeater

repeater

He's a cool dude. I made the mistake of mentioning Unique Performance in Dallas to him (they used to be a customer of mine - the guys that made the Elanor Mustangs) when I talked to him. Apparently that deal between them didn't end well.

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That deal didn't end well for anybody. There is still a lot of bad blood, missing money, and half-baked fastbacks all around the metroplex. Enough about that!

Chip is literally an automotive hero to me. He puts out work that is better than just about anyone else, yet he is humble and gracious, and has a great sense of humor. Great guy. I wish he'd knock off the gigantic, busy wheel designs though!

Hey Chip, wanna Overhaul a '57 Chrysler coupe? ;) lol

3. I think every car enthusiast should read those words and take them to heart.

4. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Great guy; great eye. If Apple built cars, they would look like Foose's

5. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

Boy, OH Boy that says a lot !!!

.......... X 2 .........

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

My wife & I met Chip Foose & Chrsitopher Titus(real nice guys) at the Make a Wish Show at Fontana Speedway.They had several cars in one the bays.My wife really liked Chritopher Titus's 56 Chevy Roadster and his tv show.They started telling her about the car opened it up for her and let her sit in it.She got the biggest kick out of that.

7. carmak

carmak

A couple years ago my BIL (brother in law) and I were in SoCal and did the noon to 1:00 shop tour of his shop. We ran into some guys from down under and Germany and were talking with them on the grass outside his shop wall after the tour. Some time around 1:30 he pulls up to the gate, opens it with a remote and drives in, THEN he walks out the gate and up to us and starts talking, for like 15-12 minutes, he signs some stuff, talks about the projects in the shop, asks us what we drive and then asks GOOD questions about our individual cars. Twice someone from the shop comes looking for him and he stays on the grass with us.

He actually listened to us. One of the Germans has a 67/68 Firebird. He explained his vision (Street Freak style paint scheme) to Chip in detail. Chip loved it and offered a couple small hints to make the paint process better (which order to lay the tape).

I think he would have talked all afternoon but he had some photo shoot to get ready for and he was off into the shop. Super nice guy and a super car guy.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

8. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Would like to meet him seems like kick ass dude

9. Thanks for posting this up Jive-Bomber, and for the interview as well. I got to meet him quite a few years back and he was nice enough to go through my portfolio, and sign a bunch of stuff for me and my wife even though the line was literally around the building. So humble, and such talent. I hope to get the chance to meet him again.
    A true inspiration for this wannabe.

Ryan

10. Douglas Sam to be fully correct :D

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

I always tease him that he's not human because he is ALWAYS so nice to EVERYONE. Incredible guy.

12. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

That is very polite, HRP. Cod was a jerk---always bitching about something. Pointing the finger of blame, but taking the credit. Glad Chip didn't learn that trait from Boyd.

13. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

He is cool , Met him at Carmasters Weekend my self ,I participated in the show he was up and about around 6:00 AM meeting and Greeting all participants gave me Kudos on my truck and artwork, I also enjoyed the Stage time with Jay and Foose