Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 Things I've Learned About Chip Foose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 18, 2013.

1. truckjim

truckjim

That show sure makes some of the drama laden ones unwatchable. The producers of those shows could take a lesson from Overhaulin.

Don[/QUOTE]

Man I agree! Don't want to see a soap. :eek: Genuine how to without all the drama works for me. Chip Foose seems genuine and is talented for sure!

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Chip is a great guy and all around talented dude. Always takes out time to talk with his fans.
    And I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
    Overhaulin is the only "car" show on TV that doesn't make us car guys look like buffoons!

3. He's one talented, down to earth dude!

4. brandon

brandon

same year we met foose at indy....my machinist buddy wanted to talk to boyd.....tried all weekend to talk to him and he blew him off...finally after waiting 20 minutes , he came over to talk to my buddy.....and it all went down hill from there. crab ass attitude , even shocked his wife jo....:eek:

5. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

My wife and I went to so cal 2years ago to tour some hod rod shops between christmas and new years day . We stoped at chips shop on thursday mourning and he was closed for vacation but was there having donuts and talking bycycles with his freinds but still told us to look around all we wanted and took pictures with us. Very talented and a real nice guy you get what you see from him.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

is Chip a nick name? is he Sam Jr?

7. havi

havi

A lot of respect can be given to a man who is truly passionate in his craft. Chip comes across as just that.

8. I was sitting in an airport waiting to fly home from yet another show that i had worked. It was mostly just industry people catting while we waited. the girl sitting next to me is an ad salesperson oft one of the magazine and Chip knew her. She said it was her daughter's birthday the next day and would he give her an autograph? Well he just sat there talking with everyone without really saying anything. After about 10 minutes he handed her a great sketch of a chopped Merc with Happy Birthday and the girl's name on it. No one even realized he was sketching anything. He just smiles when everyone commented on how cool of him that was. Pretty much sums him up!

9. One of my best friends has done a lot of work with Chip, including Cars Land and other projects. I know what his "real" first name is. Chip is just his nickname.

Anybody else care to guess?

10. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

His name, I have no idea, but I have two of his renderings I bought online on my office wall. Had a couple I have done their taxes for years sitting there, and I noticed he was looking at the artwork. So I told him they were done by Chip Foose. His reply, I thought they looked familiar.

So he proceeds to tell me how he was friends with Sam Foose and Chip used to spend time at their house, swiming in their pool and was always drawing cars and leaving them everywhere when he was a kid. He then proceeds to tell that at one time he had tons of the drawings piled up in his garage, but he had no idea what happened to all of them.

They both said he was a great kid to have around the house.

I thought that was really cool, because I have enormous respect for his work.

11. I know, but let's see if anyone else can guess it

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Probably not Bubba. :D

Don

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Ralph or Larry?

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

15. Hotroddon PM'd me with the correct answer, but I'll let this simmer for a little longer..........

16. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

it's Fred or Marcel

18. You are correct, sir!!

19. We need to change the title of this thread to "300 things I've learned about Chip Foose". Awesome to hear so many positive comments on a forumn that generally would disapprove of his stying. In my eyes he's the best that ever was. period.

20. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

hes a cool dude

21. rokcrln

rokcrln

Met him at SEMA in 06 during a taping of overhaulin very down to earth guy. I ended up with the original sketch of the car they were doing but thought it was really cool that he left one afternoon, flew home to take his kids trick or treating! Than back to work the next day.

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

22. Great story! I met Chip at a show in Boston and once at his shop where he gave me and a couple other guys a tour. It was only the four of us and he spent an hour with us just talking cars. Definitely down to earth and talented.

23. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys that are posting "Chip's a great guy but I don't like what he builds"... Really? Who cares. This is a thread about Chip the man, not about his street rods.

I've never met him or seen him in person, but from what I've seen on TV, I would go out of my way to shake his hand and congratulate him for his accomplishments.

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

To see the teary-eyed reaction of a person that got Overhauled, and then see Chip tear up says alot about the mans character...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. slowmotion

slowmotion

Always seemed like a helluva nice guy on TV, and talented beyond belief. Good to know he's genuine, coming from you guy's who have met him. Very cool.

26. Very talented family, I hope his son will carry on the tradition. His sons name is Brock, I think someone said Brady in an earlier post, anyway, great read J B.

27. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I was in line for a ride at the real DisneyLand, waiting for my wife to come back from the restroom, so I tell the guy behind me to go ahead &, NO WAY! It's Chip Foose! My wife gets back, I tell her, "Take a Picture with this guy". She say, "NO WAY"! Then My Wife & Chip start sharing pictures with there cell phone of there rides. My wife loves Chip Foose. I love Chip Foose. SHit! Everyone loves Chip Foose.

28. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

I met chip at world of wheels in des moines Iowa.
    He's one of the coolest car guys. And an honest
    down to earth guy that hasn't forgot where is he
    has came from.

29. Talked to him once when he was setting up one of his AMBR cars,on thursday. He stopped what he was doing to point out about 100 things he had changed on the car. Many things 90% of the guys who look at the car would NEVER notice. After about an hour,he says"you have a car?"
    I told him I had a chopped Merc. He says (excited) "you have any pictures?" I showed him a few pic's on my phone and he liked it alot. I said,"it's not nice,like the cars you do". He looks at me and says "Don't sell you car short. Don't ever compare your car to other guys cars. Who wants to look at a bunch of the same cars?"
    That made me feel really lucky to have met him and he was just another car guy. Celebrity hasn't effected him ONE BIT!

30. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida