Register now to get rid of these ads!

E Z Steer Vanished?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lynn783, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Lynn783

Lynn783

Anybody know if E Z Steer is still in business? Phone message box is full and John doesn't respond to emails. Wondered if I'm holding the bag on a steering box that is junk!!

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Research them on here...!!!?!!

3. Lynn783

Lynn783

Did. Talked to him about all the negative stuff and he assured me that he initially had problems but that all of that was resolved.

4. He had a booth at the LA Roadster show last weekend, so he is alive! My Dad bought a EZ steer box from him and wished he hadn't!

5. Lynn783

Lynn783

Thanks Chris. Maybe that explains the lack of response if he was out of town. A message on the answering machine would have been nice!!

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm amazed that you could read the first hand accounts of dealings with John Kovar and decide to gamble your money. Good luck with your purchase – I hope it works out for you. My transaction over the phone did not go well.

Here are some pictures and description of events.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Another thing...I'm pretty sure that EZ steer is regular Ford pickup gears (repro) packed in a new housing. Going straight to the design source, a pickup box, gets you past the quality and adjustability problems, though the guarantees have presumably expired...
    This is just a regular Gemmer box and there are good sources for several different configurations of the basic design...pitman arm up or down or lateral, column above or below sector shaft, all available in good Ford versions.

9. Lynn783

Lynn783

Finally made contact with John. I'll be sending my steering box back to him. He's alive and still in business!!

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Good luck.....your going to need it