Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 packard clipper custom question???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davis574ord, Jun 18, 2013.

1. davis574ord

davis574ord

I recently acquired a 55 Packard clipper custom constellation love the car but the funky torsion bar suspension with the electric motor that raises and lowers the suspension electrically from inside the car got ripped off when goin over rail road tracks at about 40 mph my question is should I bag it, has anyone out there done this if so any help would be greatly appreciated you can pm me or email me at [email protected] thank you soo much for any help! im kinda suck on what to do cus I love the bagged look and this car but the torsion bar deal is weird thanks again :confused::confused::eek::confused::confused:

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Looks like you have an opportunity to become a rare expert on a weird stock suspension. That's what I would recommend.

3. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I'd try to get in touch with any Packard folks in your region to find out about that, regardless of whether you want to go back to stock or not. They're most likely going to be able to tell you what you need to hear.

4. davis574ord

davis574ord

thanks guys for the input hopefuly im on the right track but if anyone else has some input I would appreciate it thanks again!

5. danzboys

danzboys

Did you ever figure anything out regarding bagging your ride? I want to do the same and have a few thoughts, but wanted to see what happened with yours first. Let me know.

CDR D