Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Sale Find.. Hilborn Fuel Filter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Jun 19, 2013.

1. James427

James427
    BANNED

At first I thought it was some plumbing contraption until I saw the name! There was not one single thing auto related other than this filter. Nobody at the house could explain why it was there. Inside looks brand new like its never been used. What was the application for a filter like this??

Attached Files:

2. henry29

henry29

I don't see anything.

3. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

I've seen them on hilborn setups used inline before the big belt driven fuel pump with AN fittings on them. The four bolt holes around the used to mount it to a special frame mounted bracket. No info other than what I've seen by looking in engine compartments at shows.

Edit: I found this by searching the part # http://www.alkydigger.net/proddetail.php?prod=AD-F500KIT

4. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Just a standard mesh screen filter that Hilborn sold. The hilborn nozzles themselves have a very fine screen in them and would be prone to cloging if the fuel was not filtered first.

5. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

We have this one on our flathead Injected dragster. Nice unit, works great.

6. James427

James427
    BANNED

I threw it in the classifieds for a hundred bucks so maybe someone could put it to good use instead of sitting on a shelf forever like it has been.