Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who's going to Billetproof WA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Rodder, May 19, 2013.

1. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

Myself and a bunch of Canadians will be making the trip down. Hope it doesn't rain like last year!

2. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Sure you can make the long drive Alan??? Long ways for California Hot Rodders to Drive...LOL. Can't wait for another great Billetproof...Alan

3. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Looks like I'm going to be playing Army, and missing this year too. Rats...

4. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

I recall Alan (Choptop), in the California Billetproof tread, speaking of a challenge to Cali's hot rodders to make it up here. So I'm saying it. Drive North and I will have some "refreshment" waiting for you on our end. As always Alan, your envited back for lunch with the Misfits.

5. A Rodder

A Rodder

2 Weeks fellas!

6. Guys from cali use the rain-x and fog-x before you leave. Yeah I know you guys have no idea what wipers are! Hahaha!

7. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

As long as you have made the payment on the fairgrounds you can stay home. We will all show up and have a killer time. We will let you know what you missed out on. LOL

8. Choptop

Choptop

actually, we've often wondered what would happen if we just didnt show up :D

9. voodoo1

voodoo1

I'm going to go, (Hopefully). Trying to finish up my 1960 Ranchero. Mike

10. Hope to make it...

11. 41plym

41plym

Have the passes been sent out? It's getting close and I have not recieved mine.
    41plym

12. dubcee

dubcee

I just jump the fence!

13. 41plym

41plym

Never mind got it today.
    41plym

14. Ok, newbie here.... when/where is 'Billetproof'? I'd guess from the King Oscar reference it's in Tacoma somewhere, anybody got particulars?

15. fordman1

fordman1

Chehalis next weekend! I haven't gotten my passes yet either, but on the fence whether I can tear myself away from all my new house projects. I think I need the break though!

16. dubcee

dubcee

If you cant go, I would buy your pre registration from you fordman. I thought I would be out of town, but now I am going to make it.PM me if your interested.

17. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

If I can get my gas tank in the '41 boiled, sealed, and back in, I'll make it. That's one not to miss.

18. Choptop

Choptop

Billetproof NorthWest: June 22, 2013
    Billetproof is back in the Northwest for another great year! The best traditional hot rods and customs will gather at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds for a day of cars, bands, swap meet and fun! We will be limiting attendance to 750 vehicles, so register early. One day only, dont miss it.
    Billetproof NorthWest 2013
    Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
    2555 N National Ave
    Chehalis, WA 98532

• Spectator entrance opens at 9am (Spectators $10 Free for kids under 13 and police & fire with proper ID )
    • Sat. Night Cruise night in Downtown Centralia
    • Pinstripe panel jam
    • Live bands playing all day
    • Swap Meet, all the rusty parts you can eat
    • Our famous trophies awarded in many categories!
    • Model Car Show and Swap Meet
    • Plus more stuff to be announced...

19. april may

april may

Looks like it's going to be dry this year. Either way the show must go on! Rain or shine! See ya Saturday.

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

I just turned in a bunch of excess rooms at king oscar if anyone needs one.
    1-360-736-1661

21. mritech

mritech

I may be heading up solo from Battle Ground with only a couple hundred miles on my new build. If a group is heading up from Vancouver maybe I could follow along as, well.....I built it and I may like some company for the first road trip in case anything happens. Anyone willing to have a tag along?

22. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I just checked the forecast. It looks like Saturday is the only dry day the next 10 days. It should be a good time.

23. ugotpk

ugotpk

Not even U can stop the fun! We will haul in the BIG FLAKE trophy.. See yaall there....

24. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I know I'm excited to go and everyone that I have talked to can't wait to go. It is hard to believe it has been a year already since the last one.

25. My favorite show of the year.
    I know there are a bunch headed out of Tri Cities, up over White pass on Friday, and another bunch headed out of Snohomish County on Friday after noon. Me and my bunch headed out of Issaquah sometimes right after lunch on Friday. Taking the back roads thru Enumclaw, Orting, Roy, Yelm and on down to Centrailia.
    I'll be in my Olive Drab / Army Truck, my buddy Mel will be in that black and blue Dodge.
    We are taking a tour out to Busek Auto Museum in Galvin Wa, (under 10 miles from Billetproof) for a photo shoot) after we get into town. Let me know if you want to tag along. It's a great place to take an awesome picture of your ride. This place is right out of the 20's 30's 40's.
    We are staying at the Pepper Mill in Centrailia. I receive text on my phone , Gary 206-999-2320.

Attached Files:

26. Billetproof Chehalis / Centrailia Wa.
    Let the fun begin.

Attached Files:

27. more fun. Who is going? Weather suppose to be in the mid 70's. :)

28. fordman1

fordman1

I was looking over the T last night and found a crack in the bottom of the frame rail. Between that and not getting my packet, I think I will have to miss this year. Damn.

29. A Rodder

A Rodder

Well, here is my story,

I have the stock 265 w powerglide in my wagon. The motor is great, tranny is not so.... I haven't had reverse for 2 years. I decided since the family was going I should change it out.

Monday I got a known good th350. I had ordered all the necessary crap to install it like the starter ring gear, front trans mounts etc.

Stayed till midnight at my shop and got it in only to find out the spacer ring for the torque converter was milled incorrectly.
    So we pulled it back out and did some grinding to make a good fit.

...Oh wait, the spacer goes after the flex plate, not before it. We realized this after we had three small bushings left over and read the directions.

So Tue after work it came out and was back in for a third time. The grinding had no effect in the end.

Sweet.

Now I had to deal with the rear trans mount. I made one and it is removable and actually is very nice. But that meant the exhaust had to be redone.
    Finished this up at 11 pm on Tue.

So yesterday I screwed with the dipstick for 2 hours because the mount for the front of the transmission ( because I have a front motor mount only) interferes with mounting it to the trans to engine bolts.

I finally get that wrestled, then to find out my driveshaft did need shortened about an inch, they got that shortened with new u joints in a few hours, that was smooth.

Then my friend took the rod that the kickdown cable goes to. No problem other than the tranny shop gave me one about an inch too short. Hell, I had know idea.
    Wrestle with that for a couple hours, even call LOKAR to see if I had the wrong cable length. Nope, wrong rod. I rectify that.

Sweet...

Now in all the ordeal of this I am ready to drive it, but wait...... A week and a half ago I dropped the seat of at the trimmer to have it restuffed. That was a 3 day out job. Haven't heard anything so I call him and he says Friday by noon. WHAAAAT, I told him the only reason he has my seat is so I can arrive to Chehalis in comfort, ON FRIDAY.

He say's no problem come get it at 5. So I pull the car in and out sitting on a bucket and all seems good.

I go to his home shop at 9:30 to pick up the seat, and ........ the bottom isn't touched and the top isn't cooperating. I hang out for an hour and help, end up stripping the hog rings off of the base.

About this time my lovely wife of our 6 kids is calling because she hasn't seen me basically in 3 days is patiently waiting to come home and give a hand.

I tell my upholstery guy I will call him at 7 this morning and pick it up on my way to work.

Call him and he is just starting the bottom!!!!!!!!!!

Well dammit JIM!

Update to come..........