Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do your licensed children like old cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 18, 2013.

1. We were talking today about all the places my children have been around the country in the back seat of hot rods,,from bringing them home from the hospital in the '54 Wagon,to the 40 Fords and 32's.

My girls grew up with hot rods and are now in their 30's and could really care less.:(

My granddaughter,Hannah is now driving and she loves them,,shes bugging me to let her drive the Deuce pickup to a cruse-in,,and that will probably happen before the summer is over.

How about you guys? HRP

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Well, I like traditional hot rods and threads about traditional hot rods...

3. jkeesey

jkeesey

My kids are dieing to ride in my A but thats gonna wait til I have seat belts and a roll bar. I had a nightmare about rolling the roadster pickup with my 5 year old son riding shotgun.

4. Define old. :D
    My girl has a thing for el caminos, mostly '69/'70s models, but she also has a real soft spot for 59/60s as well.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yep. Bought my 38 yr. old daughter a 68 stang when she was 16.Rebuilt it when she was in college. She still thinks its hers. If possession is 100% of the law I'd say she owns it.:)
    My son is building this. He is doing a hell of a job.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564177

Attached Files:

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

My kids 24 and 20 like old cars the 20 year old says he want a 55 chevy and the 24 year old has a 66 elcamino but I cant get them to put down the vidio games

7. 2racer

2racer

You need a license for children?, I thought all I needed was a social security number.

8. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

well I am that licensed child and i do love old cars. my older sister says she likes them and will be out in the garage with me on occasion helping out but really all she talks about is painting the cars, and could care less really about mechanics. all she really wants to do is have a done car and drive it and really thats all my entire family wants to do, gets kind of old being honest.

9. RustyPile

RustyPile

You're both wrong.. All you need is a refrigerator..

RustyPile

10. My son Ian likes a certain 49 Mercury Pickup

11. My child is licensed but seems to be on non-op.

12. 2racer

2racer

Does that reduce the cost?

13. jkeesey

jkeesey

I think its half the fee of registration.

14. You have to license your children ?!?!?!

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

my daughter married a car guy, boys are into cars too

16. I see this thread is spiraling out of control,,I have ask the moderators to delete it!:rolleyes: HRP

17. codeblu

codeblu

My 28 yr old son fills my yard with old cars and trucks, I think he's more obsessed than I am with old cars.

18. 62nova

62nova

My daughter Daisy the pit bull (dog license) Used to love riding in the back of the 65 truck when she was younger than me but now that she's older than me she only likes the wife's air conditioned Buick!

19. HRP, my 30 year old son likes rods big time. He isn't financially able to own one. He keeps asking for a "cheap project" but I haven't been able to find anything that would fit the requirements of his finances yet.

20. Dr_X

Dr_X

21. My 19 year old daughter thinks it's cool to show my '40s to her friends and boyfriend, but has no real interest in either of them. My 15 year old daughter, on the other hand, loves the old cars. She wants me to rebuild my '54 F100 for her to drive, and has claimed both '40s when my days are done.

22. willymakeit

willymakeit

My son who turns 27 drove my 50 Chevy pu thru high school and to college. He eventually traded me out of it. Had to sell it to finance a house.
    My daughter likes them and will get my 56 F100 someday. Im pretty lucky I think.

23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My story is much like your's. Kids grew up with hotrods, but not into them now. (except my oldest son) The grandkids are just the opposite, and love them!

24. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

My 22 year old digs them. He keeps pushing me to get another old car as he knows I miss having one. A few months ago, I found out he came very close to buying a barely OT ('66 Comet) project car for me as a surprise. It turned out to be an absolute basket case and he wisely declined. I didn't realize how badly that he wants me to have one, until I discovered this.

25. 3 daughters and my almost 40 year old and my grand daughter are into old cars
    they both work on them
    they are in my shop all the time
    my oldest is a very good tig welder on realy thin aluminum

26. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

two of my girls have fond memories of riding "behind the seats" in my 38 Chev Coupe when they were little but have no interest in old cars, although one of the son in laws keeps telling me to chop the top, he wants to drive it and so do I:) My son isn't really into cars, crap he drives some VW sporty car with a turbo charger but.....he wants the 38 when I am "gone". My youngest likes my 78 Corvette, so maybe she is a little car oriented:)

27. [​IMG]Out little guy Marcus like the car thing we go to DQ every friday and work on the olds he helpped me put the motor in this past week again. But he likes 4x4s I am looking at a cure for this. LOL

28. Social security number? All I used was a willing partner. Honey guess what the doctor told me today! DOH

Back to topic, My son and Daughter both grew up with my car obsession, both helped out in the garage, son had his own project. One day he said "dad, i'd much rather have a pick-up that gets good gas mileage". I bought him a ranger and got his project in trade. He's not a car guy, plain and simple! Daughter was all for a project, she wanted a Triumph GT-6+ that I had been saving for myself, We worked on it together for a while, then came the excuses as to why she couldn't work on it. It's back out in the shed now for about 10 years. They are both married, have small children, but don't live locally. When visiting, riding in Grampa Steves old car isn't discussed! The terrible dangers of no air bags, etc make it impossible. Sucks!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  29. I have a 1931 Dodge business coupe for each of my two kids (to leave to them one day or night). My daughter is excited about it. My son....not so much.

30. Never had a child, but my cars are my kids, they are not all licensed though.